Main Menu

Interesting T/A coming up Mecum Dallas.

Started by Roadman, August 21, 2017, 12:52:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Black on a TA is about as cool as it gets.   :inlove:  Wish the restoration was to a higher level.  The little details might hold this one back from it top potential, but I think someone will still step up for the color combo.

Looks to me to be a "Just Dashes" dash pad.  Looks a little puffy and swollen to me.  Look around the emblem on the passenger side of the dash.  Still looks really good.

FlatlandTA

Very nice combo will be interesting see what it goes for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RzeroB

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 21, 2017, 12:59:01 PM
Black on a TA is about as cool as it gets.   :inlove:

IDK?? I like it, but it almost looks too understated?? In that combo it's just not really "in your face" bold like a High-Impact color combo would be. 
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Roadman

This car is part of a collection being sold in Dallas all at no reserve.     https://www.mecum.com/auctions/dallas-2017/collections/kingston-collection/

Brads70

:Thud:   :takemymoney:  :drooling:  What a beautiful ride! Only one I've seen that I like better is the black one with red guts that was at Carlisle a couple years back. Anyone have pictures of that one?

Cuda Cody

:wowzers:  Now that is an impressive collection of cars.  I wonder what happens to the owner that made him decide to sell them all and want them gone within 24 hours?

This is going to be a fun auction to watch.

fc7cuda

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 21, 2017, 12:59:01 PM
Wish the restoration was to a higher level.  The little details might hold this one back from it top potential, but I think someone will still step up for the color combo.

Other than the battery and afew small other items, I think it looks pretty good.   :alan2cents:

I'll know more once I see it in person.  :bigthumb:

Tom

Brads70

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 21, 2017, 02:17:13 PM
:wowzers:  Now that is an impressive collection of cars.  I wonder what happens to the owner that made him decide to sell them all and want them gone within 24 hours?

This is going to be a fun auction to watch.

Oh I'd  guess an unhappy spouse...... or a death? 

mjb765

RzeroB

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 21, 2017, 02:17:13 PM
:wowzers:  Now that is an impressive collection of cars. 

:iagree:  Yes, they are!!  :yes:

Like that '71 Sassy HemiCuda clone  :inlove:

Really like that '41 Willys gasser with the blown 392  :cool:
However, I wonder how you get to the distributor to set the timing on that one?? :thinking:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Fern

If it was only triple black, now that would be cool.
Great looking car even with the white top and interior

JH27N0B

The black T/A was in my area originally.  It was very nice, I'm sure it had a yellow cap battery in it after restored.  I'm thinking the coolant hose was probably replaced at some point after restoration, and was correctly painted orange before.
It was featured in MCG at the time, would be interesting to dig up the issue.
The B3 blue one with gator grain top is a rare combo.  If it's the same car I'm thinking, it leaves a bit to be desired though quality wise.  I looked at a B3 gator grain top one at Mecum here in 2008. It had been restored from a rusty MI car.  It had Palco interior panels and more than a few things wrong under the hood.
A guy dumping a collection quick like that has me thinking a divorce is in process!

RUNCHARGER

I like it alright. I would prefer it with a black roof though.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

I was seriously thinking about flying down to look at the cars in person and maybe buy one.  But if Mecum really owns them now then I would prefer not to bid against the auction house.