Main Menu

Is passion4mopars still open?

Started by Stein, April 28, 2017, 07:07:08 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Stein

Was wondering if passion4mopars is still in business. Have been calling for two weeks and only get a voice mail. Also been leaving a message with no luck.

Burdar

Unfortunately, there was a large post on Moparts a few weeks ago that highlighted a bunch of problems going on with that business.  I just tried looking for the post but couldn't find it.  I was going to send my motor out to them but it looks like I need to find another place.  In the Moparts post, people were complaining of painted aluminum cases instead of restored natural aluminum, dirty internals and very long lead times...way longer then they were told.  I know the owner was having some family problems.  It looks like that has caused the business to suffer. I hope everything works out.

Chryco Psycho

I have not talked to Kim in the last two weeks but I have no reason to believe she is not still doing her thing

anlauto

Stephan Fournier does a much better job.  :alan2cents: No drama.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Family issues seem to have gotten in the way of business, I like Kim but I think you'd best look elsewhere....  Bruce Sommer is on the west coast...

Bruce Somer, has been restoring Mopar Wiper Motors since 1996 for customers across the globe.
If you need a Wiper Motor Restored
or to purchase a 2 or 3-speed/variable wiper motor, contact 951-675-9551 9 AM - 9 PM PST, Monday-Sunday. Otherwise you may email at any time at somerbr1@aol.com

Stephen Fornier is in central Canada....

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Burdar on April 28, 2017, 07:49:43 AM
Unfortunately, there was a large post on Moparts a few weeks ago that highlighted a bunch of problems going on with that business.  I just tried looking for the post but couldn't find it.  I was going to send my motor out to them but it looks like I need to find another place.  In the Moparts post, people were complaining of painted aluminum cases instead of restored natural aluminum, dirty internals and very long lead times...way longer then they were told.  I know the owner was having some family problems.  It looks like that has caused the business to suffer. I hope everything works out.

Thats one of the things that you can count on with Mopart's...Any post trying to keep people from getting burned will be deleted....

Cuda Cody

That's odd.   :huh:  Kim @Passion4Mopars  is normally pretty good about getting back to me when I call or email.  Maybe try sending her a message on Facebook?

https://www.facebook.com/passion4mopars

Cuda Cody

I've seen some of @SF-Resto  stuff he's restored and it's awesome!  He does great work.

Slotts

Quote from: Stein on April 28, 2017, 07:07:08 AM
Was wondering if passion4mopars is still in business. Have been calling for two weeks and only get a voice mail. Also been leaving a message with no luck.

Absolutely! I can certainly understand why you would question that and am glad you asked that question. Simply put, there are only a handful of specialized reputable Mopar restorers available, no matter what type of work, that drives her or him to produce an end product that meets or exceeds customer's expectations.

One the other hand, there are plenty that look at "rebuilding" as a method of just making something sort of work again. For some, a rough sort of working part, finish and tolerances is all the customer wants. You hear that phrase, "good for a driver", used over and over again. 

The restorers, again being few, can become inundated with demands of customers wanting this type of quality. Typically, the restorer is a "one person does all" process, starting from correspondence, administrative (logging in parts, ordering supplies, packing parts, shipping), disassembly, cleaning, restoring each separate component, plating down time, (Daddy, are we there, yet? phone calls and emails in between or even replying to a possible nastygram posted on a forum and trying to defend that) reassembly, testing packing parts, back to administrative again, (invoicing, packing, shipping). Then you get to start the process all over again along with all of the other orders in at the same time! LOL!

Knowing all too well how this process goes offering restoration services for Mopar only parts myself, I can get behind. The only solution is spending more uninterrupted time, actually working on the restoration work.  It has nothing to do with ignoring anyone, but simply trying to keep the entire progress wheel spinning.

Why do we continue to do this over and over? First and foremost, because at the heart of it all, we love Mopars!!!

Geez, did that feel good to write this! It has almost felt like therapy for me without somebody invoicing me at the end of the hourly session.  :bigmoney:

Thank you for the read.

Jim
Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

Stein

WOW, you guys are awesome, thanks for all the response. I am going to give Bruce Somer at ns1aar.com a try. Thanks again, Kent.

cudaragtop

I have a wiper motor with Kim now.
Will update this post when it comes back.

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

schtick

She also has mine. She has been good at responding to my e-mails. Will keep you posted.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

schtick

Quote from: schtick on April 29, 2017, 09:08:35 AM
She also has mine. She has been good at responding to my e-mails. Will keep you posted.

She got back to me within 5 minutes today. Shipping Monday. Just sent me these photos.

Cuda Cody

Passion4Mopars

Yeppers I'm still around and working.  I'm cleaning up backlog and working new business

John yours is done, but we didn't make the Saturday pick up, sealant would've had packing peanut impressions on it, but it will go Monday my friend   (Randy yours is on the bench now)