Main Menu

Not "New" News- But A New Article - 1971 Hemi Cuda Survivor - "Cornfield Cuda"

Started by ScottSmith_Harms, July 21, 2017, 07:40:10 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda dad

I have never seen this before, thanks for sharing it Scott.  The video was a lot of fun to watch as well.

Cuda Cody

MAN!!!  It's doesn't get much better than that.   :lookatthat:  Very cool.   :takealook:

J-Code Jeni

fc7cuda

blown motor

That would be so amazing to find something like that tucked away somewhere.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RzeroB

Always a good story no matter how many times you read it!!

Funny how after Greg parked the car he didn't really come back to it. He finished school and went about building and living his life leaving the car behind on the family farm. Maybe he checked on it every couple of months (or years?) - I don't know.  I'm sure he would have got back to it sooner or later, but apparently it was a friendly conversation with his barber that was the catalyst that brought him back to the car.

I read something else on this story that went into a little more detail on Greg's alleged conversation with his barber. In 2006, when prices on these cars blasted off for the moon, Greg went to get his haircut. The barber, having recently seen an auction on tv where a HemiCuda sold for a astronomical amount of money, remarked to Greg "did you see the recent car auction on tv?" Greg: "no, I don't really watch that kind of stuff." Barber: "there was an old HemiCuda on there that sold for (insert huge monetary figure here)." Greg (surprised): "what?!" Barber: "(insert huge monetary sum here again). Too bad you still didn't have that HemiCuda you had out of high school." Greg: "I still have it!" Barber (very surprised): "what?!"
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

ScottSmith_Harms

Yes Tom, that's a true story, and what started the Cuda conversation was the picture of a Cuda on the barbershop wall.

HP_Cuda

Whats truly amazing is how original the Cuda is from the factory.

There are probably some small tidbits that can be learned from that car, including the runs in the paint!  :bigthumb:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

ledphoot

What an amazing story about a great car. It's so cool that they are keeping the car as a time-capsule, it's just too rare to drive.