Main Menu

Pictures of Nascar ,Trans Am /Road racing Mopars

Started by Brads70, February 26, 2017, 07:42:04 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

MOPAR MITCH

John Sandberg's awesome SCCA C/Prepared Solo II racer!   Read all about his car, along with my car, as featured in the August 2006 Mopar Action edition.  The car was raced with the SCCA Solo II program, and related other clubs, all through the 70-80-90s (then it was triple black)... he still has the car.

6bblgt

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on November 18, 2017, 08:18:51 AM
I preferred Petty's short track car actually.

how about his Darlington car?   :o or is this pic in the wrong thread?

Chryco Psycho

dave73

HP2

Keep body parts in and debris out. I believe it was Petty's Darlington crash, shown above, that created the window net after his arms were flapping about outside the car during the roll over. He also added diagonal to the roof halo part of the cage that is still referred to as a Petty Bar by  some constructors.

Brads70

Lime Rock 1970 , notice the number of lug nuts..... quicker pit stops !  ;)

Brads70

close up .... and a few more

Brads70

Rubbing is racing....

Brads70

todays crop

HP2

I'm always surprised that AMC went with the Javelin instead of the AMX. Of course, there may have been wheelbase issues as the AMX was pretty damn short.

303 Mopar

Chryco Psycho

6bblgt

Quote from: HP2 on November 28, 2017, 08:25:54 AM
I'm always surprised that AMC went with the Javelin instead of the AMX. Of course, there may have been wheelbase issues as the AMX was pretty damn short.

SCCA required the production version of the race cars to have a rear seat - NO '68-'70 AMX or '65-'66 Shelby GT350 in TRANS AM series