Main Menu

Rally Wheel Center Caps Question

Started by Jim AAR, November 21, 2017, 12:33:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Jim AAR

Is there a difference between the 15x7  4.5 Rally Wheel Center Caps that Coker Tire and Roseville sell?

I ask account the Coker Tire ones are $35.00 each and the Roseville ones are $65.00 each.

If they look the same and it's only the Part # that's different, I don't really care because no one will ever see the part # but me when I install them.

As long as the look and finish are the same i'm good with that.

anlauto

At one time there was plastic reproductions on the market, I guess you would have to confirm what Coker sells ?
Why are you dealing with Coker ? Buying Firestones :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

69bronzeT5

As far as I know, you can get them directly from Chrysler too. Any dealership parts department can sell them to you.

Associate Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

Jim AAR

Thanks, I'll have to check it out..... :)

BTW, I asked Coker and they are steel and not plastic.....

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on November 21, 2017, 01:30:42 PM
As far as I know, you can get them directly from Chrysler too. Any dealership parts department can sell them to you.

Jim AAR

Thanks again 69bronzeT5....

I called one of the Chrysler dealers here and they have a set of the 1970 Light Argent in stock.

He said "the List price on them are $82.83 each, but we can sell them to you at trade price for $62.30 each, which = $249.20 plus tax". Works out to $281.66 CDN and they are local, so no shipping.

And Roseville is selling them for $65 US each or $252 for the set with screws.

That is so weird, Auto Parts cheaper in Canada rarely ever happens.

Even stranger I bought (2) of the Dark Argent ones in 1986 and they had Part # 3461066 (I still have the boxes) which matches what Roseville has (See Attachment)

But the 1970/71 Plymouth Parts Manual shows Part # 3461066 for 1970 and Part # 3461352 for 1971.

That's probably explains why when I ordered them in 1986 they came in and they were the Dark Argent ones, but I took them anyways.

See Attachment..........

Quote from: Jim AAR on November 21, 2017, 01:42:15 PM
Thanks, I'll have to check it out..... :)

BTW, I asked Coker and they are steel and not plastic.....

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on November 21, 2017, 01:30:42 PM

RUNCHARGER

Yes: I have 4 in the Chrysler box from 1980. Just need a 71 Dodge to put them on now.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

The center cap should not be Steel , cast alum is original but as long as they are metal not the plastic ones you should be fine

Jim AAR

Yeah I know, should have just said not plastic, but i am getting the OEM ones from the Chrysler dealership here anyways...

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on November 21, 2017, 07:44:43 PM
The center cap should not be Steel , cast alum is original but as long as they are metal not the plastic ones you should be fine

69bronzeT5

Jim AAR

Went down to Eastern Chrysler here in Winnipeg and picked up a set of (4) Light Argent Rally Wheel caps for $281.60 total.

The Part # is 4515079 on the Mopar box is the same as Roseville's.

The Part # on the cap is 3461056 and that # doesn't even exist in the 70/71 Parts manual..... :cooldance: :ohyeah:

6bblgt

the part number on the casting is for the bare casting

once it gets chromed, painted & a medallion/sticker it gets a "saleable" part number (or two, for the '70 VS. '71 variations)

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Jim AAR on November 23, 2017, 10:56:16 AM
Went down to Eastern Chrysler here in Winnipeg and picked up a set of (4) Light Argent Rally Wheel caps for $281.60 total.

The Part # is 4515079 on the Mopar box is the same as Roseville's.

The Part # on the cap is 3461056 and that # doesn't even exist in the 70/71 Parts manual..... :cooldance: :ohyeah:

Awesome  :cheers: I was surprised at what you could get for them and the pricing. I got brand new 440 Magnum hood badges for my '71 Charger R/T, 440 air cleaner pie tin and a 383 Road Runner air cleaner pie tin all for under $100 Canadian!  :cheers:

1 Wild R/T

I remember buying them from the dealer back in 78.... Set of four was less than $30..... And they were in stock then too...

Jim AAR

Yeah that's in the US though, I bought a couple in 1986 and they were $31.30 and that was the Jobber price.

When I bought my gas tank from Year One in 2002, it was made in Canada, shipped to Year One in Georgia and back to me in Canada and I had to pay Duty on it, go figure.

Tank was made in Canada but you couldn't buy it anywhere in Canada.  :unbelievable:

js27

I have a set or Original 71 if this helps. I got them back in the 90's so I think that are original.
JS27