Main Menu

Sunroof Challenger on TV

Started by anlauto, September 14, 2017, 06:48:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I caught an episode of Counts Kustoms on TV tonight.....The two guys that drive around looking for cars came across a 1972 TB3 Super Blue Challenger with a 340 (look like an auto) with white interior, AC, etc ....as the camera panned over the car you could see a factory sunroof too !

Now @bpsmopar you have a mission next time you're in Vegas !   LoL
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

That would be a nice combo for 72.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on September 14, 2017, 06:56:26 PM
That would be a nice combo for 72.

Certainly would :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda Cody

bpsmopar

Now @bpsmopar you have a mission next time you're in Vegas !   LoL

Oh Yea!!  :inlove: :veryexcited:What else is there to do in Vegas?.......

anlauto

Anybody in the Vegas area want to take a run over there to see if the car is still in the driveway ?

Scott Rudge of the sunroof registry was able to track down the exact address by looking at clues in the video....

Here's how Scott describes it: Ha - I like to take on a challenge every once in a while. I was able to make out a street sign, and was then able to figure out street orientation by the shadows and the mountains in the background. Using Google street view I was able to see some of the houses that they drove past - and eventually found the street the owners were on. If you watch the video, you can tell that their house faces west, they are on a corner lot, a street T's off directly in front of the house, and there is a school nearby because there is a school zone crosswalk near their place. It wasn't too fast - it took me about an hour after the initial street sign to run that all down. :-)
Scott.
   :o :worship: :bravo:

anlauto

Stay tuned............Dan, member 6bblgt, said he's going to try and find it this weekend.... :banana:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

6bblgt

Yes, it's there  :yes: did a drive by Sunday evening - my dad lives <2 miles away  (there's a white '71 Challenger on his street of ~20 houses)

anyone have a screenshot from Counting Cars - what did it look like on TV - could still tell it was TB3, but looks like most of the exterior paint was recently sanded off

a "friend of a friend" just purchased a white/white/white '72 340 auto sunroof car & I know where a roof from another TB3/V1W car is

sdweatherman

Here are a few screen shots from Counting Cars and then the screen shot off Google street view from June 2015.

anlauto

Thanks very much dan for taking the drive by ! :worship:

@bpsmopar  are you reading this ? ;)

bpsmopar

a "friend of a friend" just purchased a white/white/white '72 340 auto sunroof car & I know where a roof from another TB3/V1W car is

The white one looks like the Challenger I looked at in Vancouver WA & passed on.
The TB3 car looks a little tired, rare combo though.  :tired:

6bblgt

different white car - bay area CA car its whole life