Main Menu

The only known BL1 AAR 'Cuda?

Started by benlavigne, September 17, 2017, 08:11:34 AM

Previous topic Next topic

benlavigne

Another rare local Canadian 'Cuda, according to the AAR Registry, it is the only known BL1 Sand Pebble Beige AAR... Cannot find the total produced in that color, but it is one of the rarest.
The original owner passed away a few years ago, and his son kept the car and did a mechanical restoration.
It has been repainted long ago, but retained the original color!

Ben

1 Wild R/T

There was a BL1 T/A on the Coronado Amphib Base back in the 70's.... Not the color I would choose but to each his own.....

anlauto

That's a great car, keep them coming...A lot of 'merican folk don't know just how many rare cars we got up here :canada:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

That white always looks off to me.  I think they made it a little "whiter" in 1971, right?  Either way, cool rare car.  :yes:

RUNCHARGER

That is another great car! Ha, ha it is lucky it survived the 70's without that paint making a good base to metalflake or pearl over.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda Cody on September 17, 2017, 09:41:20 AM
That white always looks off to me.  I think they made it a little "whiter" in 1971, right?  Either way, cool rare car.  :yes:

It's not white...it's beige  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

Got me wondering here.  There's an AAR I've seen at some shows southwest of Chicago that is beige.  Or is it white...I was just looking at a couple pictures I have of it and am not 100% sure.
It has a tan interior, and the oddest thing is it has is rear shoulder belts.  Though the code for that isn't on the tag.
I'm pretty sure I've taken pictures of the tag, I'll have to dig around and see if I can find them to see if it's biege!
There is a beige T/A in the area, in southern WI.  It's owner Norm bought it in the mid 70s when he was in the service.  Has CA emissions on it.  Tan interior, 4 speed.  Did I mention it's unrestored?
It's been in the survivor tent at Carlisle.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: JH27N0B on September 18, 2017, 09:02:37 PM
Got me wondering here.  There's an AAR I've seen at some shows southwest of Chicago that is beige.  Or is it white...I was just looking at a couple pictures I have of it and am not 100% sure.
It has a tan interior, and the oddest thing is it has is rear shoulder belts.  Though the code for that isn't on the tag.
I'm pretty sure I've taken pictures of the tag, I'll have to dig around and see if I can find them to see if it's biege!
There is a beige T/A in the area, in southern WI.  It's owner Norm bought it in the mid 70s when he was in the service.  Has CA emissions on it.  Tan interior, 4 speed. 
Did I mention it's unrestored?
It's been in the survivor tent at Carlisle.

If it's the same one I remember from Coronado NAB the guy who owned it was a UDT Seal...

Spikedog08

That's a very cool car!  Would look great in my garage!   :drunk:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

benlavigne

There were probably more than one built in that color, but it is the only one registered in the AAR registry!
As a matter of fact, I think there was also a T/A in the same color around here...

Ben

FlatlandTA

That's a beauty! AND a 4spd [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlatlandTA

Quote from: anlauto on September 17, 2017, 09:45:06 AM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on September 17, 2017, 09:41:20 AM

It's not white...it's beige  :alan2cents:
DY3 Cream was a option as well think there's only one of them known too

FlatlandTA

Quote from: anlauto on September 17, 2017, 09:01:01 AM
That's a great car, keep them coming...A lot of 'merican folk don't know just how many rare cars we got up here :canada:
[emoji108]

bpsmopar

Imagine this AAR with a red interior..... :unbelievable:

303 Mopar

Quote from: bpsmopar on September 19, 2017, 11:49:15 AM
Imagine this AAR with a red interior..... :unbelievable:

It's been done before!