Main Menu

What to do with your V-code on a Sunday.

Started by RUNCHARGER, July 02, 2017, 05:51:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Here's a photo of my friends 70 V-code today. Car has show quality paint he applied himself. For those of you wondering if your carb is too small on your build he has the end carbs disconnected so he doesn't get thrown out for his rollcage. It runs 10.16 on the center carb.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

10.6 on 350 cfm  :notsure:
any chance the end carbs are opening from manifold vacuum under the throttle plates ?

Cuda Cody

Is the center 350 or 500?  I thought they made a 500 center carb too?  Either way, I can't get 10.6 with all 3 of my carbs opening up.   :Thud:  That's moving fast!

Chryco Psycho

350 center 500 outboard 1350 cfm but rated at higher vacuum than 4 bbls so more like 850 cfm total
Yeah that is moving !!

RUNCHARGER

Pretty sure it's a stock center but I could be wrong. not sure on the MPH either but it must be down for the ET. He's had the car for a few decades so he has it figured out pretty well. he rolls it out of the trailer a few times a year and races it. He told me he hasn't adjusted the valves for 3 years. We were going to drive to Carlisle this year but we're both busy so hopefully next year.
Sheldon