Main Menu

Where does this part go?

Started by malem2us, November 21, 2017, 04:26:43 PM

Previous topic Next topic

malem2us

I am restoring a 71 challenger deputy, 318 auto 2bbl with facyory a/c, and i cannot figure out where this piece goes...

Triangular, 3 bolt holes,  and says "top" on it and nothing else...

I took hundreds of pictires during the tear down and thousands during the restoration, and i cant find it, but it was in the parts specigic for this car, so anyone got any ideas?

1 Wild R/T

Small Block Power Steering mount...

malem2us

thank you that's what I thought it was but I still can't find the position for it and my pump is all in place the only thing I'm missing is the bolt spacer for the top pivot Bolt

1 Wild R/T

malem2us

Awesome I guess I'll just have to get back down there to take most of it apart and figure out where that sucker goes thank you guys very much

Dakota

If you don't get one beforehand, I can send you a picture of the bracket on the PS pump this weekend.   

1 Wild R/T

Basically it mounts behind the front bracket, it picks up two water pump bolts & it helps support the pivot bolt.... I looked but couldn't find a picture...

malem2us

Cudajason

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on November 21, 2017, 05:17:34 PM
Basically it mounts behind the front bracket, it picks up two water pump bolts & it helps support the pivot bolt.... I looked but couldn't find a picture...

Agreed!  Its a hard piece to get a pics of once everything is assembled.

I think with the above comment, it should be clear where it fits, it really one goes one way!

Jason

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

A.Gramz

I ran out to the garage I have a eng on a stand.  This is how it is on mine

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: A.Gramz on November 21, 2017, 05:51:45 PM
I ran out to the garage I have a eng on a stand.  This is how it is on mine

And there you go... The allusive hidden bracket...