Main Menu

Dales cuda shop

Started by Rich G., August 26, 2017, 05:44:01 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Rich G.

Is Dales cuda shop out of business? They had spaces at Carlisle but the spots were empty and I talked to another vender and she told me they showed up earlier in the week and just turned around and left. No response to e mails either???

Mickm

I have tried calling them more times than I can count, but always get their answering machine.
Cheers!
Mickm

Jay Bee

Good question. I've always seen them at the Nationals every year and would stop and yak with Charlie but I didn't see them there this year and I was looking for them.

JH27N0B

I just looked at their website, and it says they will be updating their website in the next few weeks, and in the meantime, do not place any orders with them, and if you need to order any parts, please order them from several vendors they have listed like Classic and Year One.
Doesn't sound good.  Too bad, I ordered several things from them last year, and they were quick and very helpful on the phone, great customer service.  :(

76orangewagon

I see that DCS still is actively selling online on eBay. 27 years ago when I first started dealing with Dale himself at DCS it was impossible to get in touch with him by phone.

Cuda Cody

Looking at the last time Google spiders crawled his site (Aug 23rd, 2017 which is normally done when a change is made) and I would guess that he recently updated the main page with that notice.  The way back machine has a snap shot on May 17th and it does not show the notice.  I hope that everything is okay.  Hate to lose a resource and service like them.   :(

RUNCHARGER

Yes: They have some good parts.
Sheldon

anlauto

Charlie is stepping back and ONLY selling his products through distributors. You will not be able to buy direct from DCS.
They are getting out of the exhaust business
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Shane Kelley

MoparDave @ Roseville can get you anything that would come from Dales.

Cuda Cody

Glad to hear we will still be able to get his products.  I think Dave at Roseville can get us all the DCS stuff.

HUSTLESTUFF

Does anyone know if he'll still be making Louvers? Dave?

69BFan

The louvers are still available at this time for both the vintage E-Body applications and the current Challengers.  I would suggest that anyone looking at purchasing any of these items do it sooner than later.  As has been mentioned above, Charlie is restructuring the operation and at the same time deciding which products to continue to manufacture and which ones to drop and trying to scale back the business. 
Fortunately, I have the ability to still purchase the product line and have been stocking up on some of the better selling items that they offer a better product.  Items like shaker seals, hood pin kits and fuel filler neck seals.  Some of the items like fresh air seals and shaker components have been out of stock for an extended period and I do not know if they will be coming back into production.
Will be having some items picked up on this Tuesday, so I can inquire more on the availability if necessary.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

MoparDave

Sorry guys for being late to this party. If anyone is looking for DCS products. like RT we carry the common parts that we sell. so if you have a need for DCS or RT specialties we can supply that product.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

dave73

I have this louvers on my 73 challenger, they are awesome quality and price

anlauto

Quote from: anlauto on August 26, 2017, 10:35:28 AM
Charlie is stepping back and ONLY selling his products through distributors. You will not be able to buy direct from DCS.
They are getting out of the exhaust business ....another vendor making mufflers with Pentastars sicked Chrysler onto DCS for illegal use on their trademark Pentastar, caused a lot of problems for DCS.

Okay....I got a personal call from Charlie today 10/20/17 and he informed me that the above statement I made 08/26/17 is COMPLETELY FALSE..... (he used the word bullshit actually) . Nothing could be further from the truth as far as their Chrysler licensing. They were one of the first and still remain today, fully licensed by Chrysler to use their Pentastar logo on their exhaust products and all their other licensed products. They have NEVER had any problems with Chrysler regarding the use of the Pentastar and any other manufacturer that claims "they are the only ones licensed" are full of crap. :thumbdown:

I've learned a valuable lesson today and that is to not listen to everything you hear or read, and never go public with your opinion and unless you're certain it's factual.

For this incident, I'm truly sorry. :sorry:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration