Main Menu

Disappointing shopping experience

Started by 7212Mopar, November 21, 2017, 01:00:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7212Mopar

Trying to take advantage of big holiday discounts to pick up a spare aluminum rallye wheel and DS door glass for my car. When I applied the coupon code at one of the store having sales, I get 5.8% discount and I said WTH. So I scroll back to their home page to read the ad again and its says "up to (small print) 30% OFF (big print)". The shipping cost was also a killer so I gave up.  :steamingmad:

I then check the items at the big store I usually shop which now carries the items I want. The prices are the same and shipping is free. So overall I save more without coupon code.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Not sure who you were using, but Classic Industries is famous for the "UP TO" bait and switch coupons.   :verymad:

73_Cuda_4_Me

:iagree:
Yeah, the big hype for Holiday 'Up to 30% Off!' ended up being less than 8% on my order just yesterday, and shipping got that all back for them... It does get a little infuriating when there are limited options for 'in stock' components, and vendors get you like that, even though I was the one that pulled the trigger...
:bye:
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda Cody on November 24, 2017, 09:35:12 AM
Not sure who you were using, but Classic Industries is famous for the "UP TO" bait and switch coupons.   :verymad:

Yup...just fell for that again... up to 30% OFF  orders over $299.. :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

73_Cuda_4_Me

:pullinghair: yeah.... was well over that, and you know the rest of the story...
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

RUNCHARGER

I always talk to a person and get an "all in" price, you know like buying a car or a house. Too bad you have to watch so closely though.
Sheldon