Main Menu

Year One Christmas Code ??

Started by anlauto, November 17, 2020, 10:50:49 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I have a customer wanting to buy all the wiring for his car. Looking for a legit 30% off code from Year One.

With your American Thanksgiving coming up....if you hear of anything, please post it here.
Thanks...Alan :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Fish Tale

Haven't had the need to buy from Year One yet, but know I do.  Is 30% their best deal?

TGGodfrey

There was a 30% off but it ended last night.  Sorry i just saw this post.  Year one has gone downhill since the last time i restored a car (5 years ago).  You used to be able to buy large orders and get 30% off to make it worth going to them as a one stop shop.  Now everything is so over priced or "discount exempt" that you might as well go to someone else.  To make matters worse....any items that ship in 1-4 weeks.... good luck with that.... I have been waiting for a couple screws for 2 months.

I will post if i see another sale go up

Terry

Gary AAR

YearOne has a 30% off sale that ends at midnight on Wednesday 25Nov.  Use Code: YN3933

Skdmark

Quote from: TGGodfrey on November 24, 2020, 04:42:10 AM
There was a 30% off but it ended last night.  Sorry i just saw this post.  Year one has gone downhill since the last time i restored a car (5 years ago).  You used to be able to buy large orders and get 30% off to make it worth going to them as a one stop shop.  Now everything is so over priced or "discount exempt" that you might as well go to someone else.  To make matters worse....any items that ship in 1-4 weeks.... good luck with that.... I have been waiting for a couple screws for 2 months.

:iagree:

As a 16 year old back in 1990 restoring my Challenger, I bought virtually everything from Year One. It was one stop shopping. Other than the M&H exclusive harnesses, I don't know what else I would buy from them anymore.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

RSI700VIPER

Year One - I've been wanting to buy front door panels for my challenger and tried the 30% off code.  It worked but when I tried to checked out, they added $72 for shipping which negated 80% of the discount. 

Skdmark

Quote from: RSI700VIPER on November 24, 2020, 11:06:05 AM
Year One - I've been wanting to buy front door panels for my challenger and tried the 30% off code.  It worked, but when I checked tried to out, they added $72 for shipping which negated 80% of the discount.

Sounds about right, the typical 15-20% discounts wind up being the equivalent of free shipping.
If it's an oversize item I try to wait to where I can pick up in person at a show.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

anlauto

Quote from: RSI700VIPER on November 24, 2020, 11:06:05 AM
Year One - I've been wanting to buy front door panels for my challenger and tried the 30% off code.  It worked, but when I checked tried to out, they added $72 for shipping which negated 80% of the discount.

Does YO sell the good Metro panels or the very inferior Palco panels ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

TGGodfrey

@anlauto They still have the Metro panels.  I got the front and rear blue ones for mine and they are impressive.  You have to be careful though because they also sell the vacuum formed ones.

anlauto

RSI700VIPER

They offer both.  The Metro's are $800 and are discount exempt - with shipping they are $872.  The Palcos are $530 and the discount applies.  My car is a driver so the $400 difference is meaningful. 

TGGodfrey

@RSI700VIPER Be careful what you are ordering.  The Metro ones are Injection moulded and not 800.  They are the cheaper ones.  The 800.00 are vacuum formed and not correct!  I just bought them and the rears are already installed.

Terry

TGGodfrey

These are the 500 metro ones Year One sells.  Back side of them have all the same flashings and marks that the factories have with the exception of the part number and Pentastar.  The second picture is what the vacuum formed look like.

RSI700VIPER

Good to know.  Year one calls them "Standard" and "premium" panels so I assumed the premiums were the metros. 

TGGodfrey

@RSI700VIPER The Premium are Metro Injection Molded and only 529.00

Stay away from Standard vacuum formed.  If you want those...I will sell you the ones that came with my car , you can paint em your color.  pretty much new.