Main Menu

1970 Challenger RT/SE U Code 440 Plumb Crazy Purple Roller

Started by Cudakiller70, October 13, 2017, 12:51:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Automatic with AC.  Neat car.  But based on what he paid for the SE panel I'm guessing he is going to want a lot for it.  What's it worth?

BFM_Cuda

"This is a very very rare and valuable car! Here are a couple of blurry pictures for you to look at...."          :takepicture:

headejm

Not a SE based on the back window. Missing the SE window insert or maybe it's not a SE?  :notsure:

fc7cuda

Quote from: headejm on October 13, 2017, 03:29:18 PM
Not a SE based on the back window. Missing the SE window insert or maybe it's not a SE?  :notsure:

Looks like it could be an SE based on the location of the rear vinyl top trim holes.   :alan2cents:

RusTy/SE

That is essentially the same stage my purple R/T SE is at, roller.   :unbelievable:

For value my guess would be somewhere in the mid-teens.  To reach the high side, we'd have to know that as many important original pieces remain with the car as possible - how much of the drivetrain, interior (especially the cardboard pieces), SE exterior trim for instance.  Pictures of the two fender tags would go a long way in indicating what someone gets versus what was in place to begin with :yes: 

A restored U-code R/T SE maybe into the 50k neighborhood?

:alan2cents:
JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

Chryco Psycho

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Yes  Alan: For me a project R/T SE is worth less than an R/T. One of the reasons is the cost and PITA of the specific SE items and personally the leather or cloth seats are the only upside. That is not to say that others feel differently and that's okay because uniqueness is why we all love these cars. I have a soft spot for U-codes though, for some reason I prefer them over a V-code. I'm sure I'm the only guy in the universe that feels this way.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: anlauto on October 15, 2017, 09:03:25 AM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 15, 2017, 07:39:02 AM
JS29 is SE

Really ?  I always thought JS29 was RT/SE ? and JH29 was SE ? :thinking:

Holy Crap I did not realize that , learn something new every day I guess !!

Or maybe it was that no one was questioning if a U code 440 car might be a real R/T ?