Main Menu

1971 Dodge Challenger R/T Original N96 Shaker 340

Started by MasonDaniel7, July 30, 2021, 12:17:49 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MasonDaniel7

anlauto

This could be a nice car with some correct detailing, different wheels and the factory stripes put on  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mopsquad

I wonder what he/she wants for it.  With purple, I really prefer the silver/argent shaker.  Yeah as Alan said, back to stock appearance would make it more attractive to most buyers.

ragtopdodge

Could be a nice car?

I think it's already nice.  Sure, it needs a few things.

Biggest thing it needs is a buildsheet.  That FT is obviously a repro, so Shaker could have been added.

GrandpaKevin

Quote from: anlauto on July 30, 2021, 07:58:37 AM
This could be a nice car with some correct detailing, different wheels and the factory stripes put on  :alan2cents:

Nice looking car. :twothumbsup:

It has R/T emblems on the fenders so it was set up with the stripe delete look?

Is the fender tag a repop? Coded for rubber bumpers?

Even if the Go Wing was possible for 71 it needs a Gull Wing :alan2cents:

RzeroB

Quote from: GrandpaKevin on July 30, 2021, 08:55:06 AM
Nice looking car. :twothumbsup:

It has R/T emblems on the fenders so it was set up with the stripe delete look?

Is the fender tag a repop? Coded for rubber bumpers?

Even if the Go Wing was possible for 71 it needs a Gull Wing :alan2cents:

FT is too nice to be original. There are things on the car that are not on the FT (A22, J81). There is also things on the FT that are not on the car (V6X). Maybe the Shaker isn't even original ("hood has some waves from storage")?? Who knows??  :notsure:  But it IS a nice looking car nonetheless!!  :twothumbsup:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

YYZ

IIRC the elastomerics will not be coded on the tag for an R/T, only the broadcast sheet