Main Menu

1970 "Not so convertible" Cuda

Started by CudamanTom, April 11, 2019, 05:52:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

the owner found the fender tag. I'm going to try to post it but I'm posting it for my phone while I'm at work. I hope it works. The guy cleaned it up a good bit. He send some more pictures I'll post them later tonight. He wants 20K for that thing. But he doesn't want to put it back in auction cuz of all the flakes.
aside from this car having very little to no value because it would cost $60,000 to restore it I'm trying to Get an idea of what the value of it is and I think I'm between 9 and 14 k.. Is that out of line.. Have people been buying full projects for 20K lately. Of course aars 440s andhemis do not qualify here.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

RUNCHARGER

Nothing car with what may be decent sheetmetal with the roof cut off. Yeah $9k-$10k is lots. I guess the convt. roof frame or other parts would be worth something if they are included though.
Sheldon

ragtopdodge

that car is destroyed.

If that seller can get $10k for it, he should grab that cash asap.

What a POS.

cuda hunter

I do tend to agree.  the thing is beat.  And needs a ton.
He's trying to get 20K.  But that's just waaaay out of the ball park.

Since I have no clue about the "rebuilt" motor and transmission they don't mean that much since they would need to be taken apart and checked. 

I think my honest value on the car is in the 6K range.  But since he has a California price on the car I don't think I will even offer him that kind of money. 

Yet another M46 that is trashed out pretty bad and the owner wants the dear lords fortune for it.  A BH code.  It's just crazy.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Does anyone happen to remember where this car was when it was on ebay?
There is a guy that claims he has the car.  He says his dad died and he is selling his car.  Only wants 7K. 
Says the car is in Miami, Fl.  Which is a red flag for me immediately. 
I'm trying to get an address to go take a look. 
Pretty darn sure this is just a scam.

His name is
William Barnes
Petroleum Geologist