Main Menu

1970-71 Cuda Seat backs

Started by anlauto, October 11, 2018, 04:10:44 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Crocha617

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RJChallenger

It was Claudia, that needed seat backs, All I need is decent foam. But thanks for thinking of me.

Claudia

@anlauto @Crocha617 @RJChallenger Yep, it was I and I still need them.  I'm not sure that these seat backs are the ones that I need but I just reached out to the seller to try to obtain additional information.  I see that they have the support springs which I do need but I do not know if they will have the smaller push button release bracket that I need as well?  :dunno:  Either way . . . thanks for posting them up!  :cooldance:

anlauto

These are the larger button 1970 style.....I just looked at the picture again and noticed my old $10 price tag from a swap meet last year... :haha: :haha: I guess I sold them too cheap...

Claudia

That's what I was afraid of . . .

RJChallenger

Alan . How much did you sell them for. I'm going to pick them up in the morning as I need the seat release latch. With a little work these frames can be converted to suit either 70  or 72 style seat release button. The seat frame I picked up off you was perfect in every way except the seat release  button . I removed the cage and drilled two new holes to attach the hinge cover. If 72 style seats can be converted to 70 style, then 70 style seat backs can be converted to 72 style seats . Its all hidden by foam. I've PM Claudia to let him know , these are the frames he needs. Thanks.

Claudia

@RJChallenger are you getting the seat back frames from above?

anlauto

Likely $10 each, maybe $10/pr.... I don't remember....

Claudia

From the looks of the one picture it appears that one of the frames are being held together with screws or bolts . . .  :huh:

anlauto

If I remember, one was broken and the other real solid....they belonged to member ErikR , he dropped them off when he brought his convertible to me for restoration.

Claudia

Maybe @ErikR can weigh in if memory serves him . . .
I assume the front seat frames are the same between hardtop and convertible?
Maybe the seat frame could be properly welded back together and be okay?  :dunno: