Main Menu

1970 Barracuda /6

Started by xx88man, February 13, 2017, 07:50:32 AM

Previous topic Next topic

xx88man

NOT MINE

This is a PROJECT CAR. This vehicle has had only two owners. Rare powerful 225 1bbl Slant-6 I6/145hp \"RG\" engine - uses less gas! The car runs well. mileage: 5,850.
My family has had this car for 32 years. My mother was the second owner. When she stopped driving, I took over the Barracuda. I've had it garaged all these years. No rust on the car. Engine and transmission runs fine. Clean CA title in my name. Registration is current.
Located in Pasadena.

Original engine.

WILL ACCEPT BEST OFFER!

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/5997163196.html

I like this one. Is it just me or is that a 1/2 vinyl roof?? What's it worth in this condition? 
Keep yer foot in it

ChallengerHK

Interesting car. Does it have some sort of landau roof moulding across the roof?

Cuda Cody

I've been thinking of doing a slant 6, maybe I'll give them a call.   :yes:

Cuda Cody

Message sent... standing by to hear back.    :lookatthat:

ec_co

looks like it was originally B5 like mine. I see a fender tag, I'd be interested to see what it has on it and if it was another LA build. power brakes. I don't recall seeing a 1/2 top on an e-body, it might have been an aftermarket add-on?

@Cuda Cody - not many left and they are being converted to v8s left and right, so it would be nice to see a few examples still left as is and would be a great contrast next to a Hemi and AAR

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cuda Cody

What do you guys think it's worth?  Is this car a $20 car if rust free?  He's asking more then that!!!!   :Thud:  What should a clean slant 6 project sell for?

Cuda Cody

@anlauto  what do you think this car is worth if it's truly rust free and numbers matching?  He's asking $23k.   That seems like a lot for a repainted slant 6.   :huh:

HP_Cuda

Slant 6 without the original paint and interior needs some serious help.

15k max and I haven't even seen the under the car.

Remember you are buying it for it's originality as a slant 6 so anything that deviates from that is $$$
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

turbostang7

I am by far no expert on them, but I don't see 23K sitting there.....

Looks clean but who knows whats under the shinny paint job. could be lots of creative sculpting or it could be great. I agree with the 15K max on it.

61K T/A

For that price it's not a good value. Plus, for a 6k mile car the interior looks pretty ratty. I have some serious doubts about the advertised mileage.  :stop:

JS29

I think that hot California sun kills car interiors!!! :alan2cents:

ec_co

$15k max and $10k is probably more realistic without seeing more pics to see the true shape of the sheetmetal and frame.  a fully restored /6 would probably top out at $35-40k max, there just isn't much 'want' or value in a /6 e-body unfortunately, other than to the collector or someone wanting something very unique (hence why most are converted). if it really is mostly rust free, $15k might be reasonable enough for someone to buy it (and probably make it into another Hemi clone ....)
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

anlauto

:iagree: $10K -$15K MAYBE......$23K is absolute NUTS :crazytalk:....I've never heard of a 100% rust free E Body
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Crocha617

I would say $15k is absolute max if you absolutely have to have it. I'm thinking more like $12k. Interior is shot & it's not the orginal paint color.

6bblgt

Quote from: anlauto on February 13, 2017, 11:51:37 AM
:iagree: $10K -$15K MAYBE......$23K is absolute NUTS :crazytalk:....I've never heard of a 100% rust free E Body

:iagree: and it would have to have FT & original engine - it's in CA so at least 106K and I'd bet LA car & no b'cast sheet
a /6 car would have to be pretty special to want it, to keep /6 & stock - either stripped "no OPTIONS" or "uniquely OPTIONED" A21, P31, etc.