Main Menu

1970 Challenger A66 340 4 speed FM3 Panther Pink Numbers Matching Graveyard Carz

Started by MasonDaniel7, August 31, 2021, 12:21:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MasonDaniel7

1970 Challenger A66 340 4 speed FM3 Panther Pink Numbers Matching Graveyard Carz On Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165043437828?

6bblgt

here's an almost identical car  -   :banana:  -  automatic with WHITE interior VS. 4-speed with BLACK interior   :thinking:  which would you prefer?

TA/Z06/GSXR1100

The ad claims.... "it is the most sought after color in Mopar muscle history" It's also supposed to be "blue-chip investment grade" ......

Cuda_mark

Quote from: 6bblgt on August 31, 2021, 12:54:35 AM
here's an almost identical car  -   :banana:  -  automatic with WHITE interior VS. 4-speed with BLACK interior   :thinking:  which would you prefer?

Just 2 serial numbers apart

anlauto

I would prefer white....

A good friend of mine was supposed to be buying that car, but the seller backed out...I guess GYC's made him a better offer..
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cudino

Interesting that the white interior car has V1X rather than V1W.  Since the white interior car was ordered second I wonder if the V1X was intended, or if this was an ordering mistake from copying all the options of the first car.  Either way they are both cool cars.  I also wonder what car they ordered with VON 150502?

- Wade

RzeroB

I don't know if "it is the most sought after color in Mopar muscle history" or not?? I think Curious-Yellow and maybe Sassy-Grass-Green would give it some stiff competition for that honor.

Back in the day I had a STRONG dislike for "pukin' Pepto pink"  :barf:  Now however, my view has changed and I really kind of like it. So much so, that I would now put it in my top five favorite Mopar colors!!

Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Matt M

A good friend of mine made this statement

"Everyone likes looking at them,
but not everyone wants to own one"

Cuda_mark

Quote from: Matt M on August 31, 2021, 03:57:05 PM
A good friend of mine made this statement

"Everyone likes looking at them,
but not everyone wants to own one"
I think that puts it perfectly....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

headejm

File this under "Nobody cares what I think":

I'm not sure FM3 is in my top 10 favorite Mopar colors. It does look good on a TA with all of the extra black stripes, hood, spoiler, etc.  :alan2cents:

SgtSuperbird

anlauto

Quote from: TX9AAR on September 01, 2021, 05:51:13 AM
I would have thought that Plum Crazy is the most sought after color for Mopars, I see way more cars that have had a color change painted Plum Crazy

@anlauto do you know how much your friend was going to pay for the car?
I believe the agreed price was $25?K USD, but he had only given him a $5K deposit at the time, which was returned with the "oh I changed my mind about selling it " excuse  :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

headejm

Quote from: TX9AAR on September 01, 2021, 05:51:13 AM
I would have thought that Plum Crazy is the most sought after color for Mopars, I see way more cars that have had a color change painted Plum Crazy

Challenger data:

Surprised there is only 334 painted FM3.

headejm

JH27N0B

Mark me down as one who enjoys seeing FM3 cars but not one to have a strong desire to ever one one!
My T/As deck lid and spoiler actually came off a FM3 T/A being stripped in IN decades ago for what it's worth.
It's interesting how much color seems to affect desirability and value of Mopars.  It's borderline silly how much TX9 adds to a T/A or AARs value for an example, I would estimate at least 50%.
On the other hand, my GK6 '71 Challenger that I've had on the market has had many scratching their heads why someone didn't scoop it up years ago, and best guess as to why is that brown isn't popular.
When I have been in the market, good E bodies seem so few and far between that I don't feel like I can be choosy about color if I ever want to find a car.  I wasn't excited about FK5 when I was searching for a convertible, but wasn't finding a car to buy after a long time looking, and "settled".  Subsequently the color grew on me, as did GK6 after I bought my '71.
Right now, the two colors that intrigue me most are F4 and B7.  They are pretty colors that you don't see very often, and at the risk of stepping on toes, after 40 years being an e body fan I've grown tired of seeing high impact colors on most cars and want to see the less seen colors!
At any rate, that's just me.