Main Menu

How about this burnt beauty ?

Started by anlauto, November 01, 2020, 07:34:59 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RSI700VIPER

Pretty car and I'm liking Burnt orange the older I get.  Too bad its an automatic.  Seems like everyone who has the coin for a car like this will pay a little extra to get the third pedal. 

RUNCHARGER

Nice car. That is perfect for a guy like me that drives them. I much prefer a third pedal as well but it isn't a deal breaker. Colour is awesome. Hopefully the fender tag is an original.
Sheldon

anlauto

For me...nowadays...the fun of a third pedal really wears off in about 15mins...especially if you're in an area with a lot of traffic or stop lights/signs etc...I like the idea...of a nice long drive...just sit and enjoy...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

JH27N0B

You are talking my language about FK5.  Back in the 90s when my convertible's owner responded to my want ad, and told me the car was burnt orange, I almost passed.  Thank goodness I was getting frustrated in my search, so decided baggers can't be choosers and went to check it out, and then bought it anyway.  Best money I ever spent.
The color quickly grew on me and gets lots of compliments at shows.
I still remember when I was 14 or 15 there was a FK5 cuda I'd see driving around my town, no idea what engine as I never got to see it up close, but the owner always drove it with the parking lights on and it sure looked bad ass.
As for the automatic, I still want a 4 speed in a hardtop, when the top goes down I don't care what trans it has. But that being said, I sure wouldn't kick that car out of my garage for not having a stick!

cudamadd

Beautiful car love it just the way it is very nice

Topcat

@floorit426 and I were just talking about this yesterday.

A/T Hemi cars are way more consistent for bracket racing.
Done right, they will beat 4 speeds on the track all day long.

That was what their intentions then were mostly for.
Being consistent and reliable for drag racing. 

Jim AAR

I have to disagree, a stock 4 spd correctly hooked up with jetting the correct clutch and gears and tires with a good driver will beat that stock automatic everytime. The only reason autos are better for bracket racing is they are more consistent and don`t break out as much :alan2cents:

anlauto

I don't think anybody is drag racing this beauty anytime soon.. 8)

Topcat

Quote from: Jim AAR on November 01, 2020, 05:17:34 PM
I have to disagree, a stock 4 spd correctly hooked up with jetting the correct clutch and gears and tires with a good driver will beat that stock automatic everytime. The only reason autos are better for bracket racing is they are more consistent and don`t break out as much :alan2cents:

Manual Trans are harder to take off the line without wheel spin/break away than Autos. Slicks excluded.
Autos you can feather it a little bit out easier and still launch well. Add a stall and get going really  well.

If manuals were so great for drag racing; then wouldn't all the Demons would be Manual trans.  :thinking:

I have a Manual Trans Hemi. I love it so don't get me wrong.

Floorit426 & I lined up before and his A/T was coming on strong on the second gear.
Impressive power band.

Topcat

Quote from: Topcat on November 01, 2020, 08:33:41 PM
Quote from: Jim AAR on November 01, 2020, 05:17:34 PM

Manual Trans are harder to take off the line without wheel spin/break away than Autos. Slicks excluded.
Autos you can feather it a little bit out easier and still launch well. Add a stall and get going really  well.

If manuals were so great for drag racing; then wouldn't all the Demons would be Manual trans.  :thinking:

I have a Manual Trans Hemi. I love it so don't get me wrong.

Floorit426 & I lined up before and his A/T was coming on strong on the second gear.
Impressive power band.

Quote from: Topcat on November 01, 2020, 04:16:57 PM
@floorit426 and I were just talking about this yesterday.

A/T Hemi cars are way more consistent for bracket racing.
Done right, they will beat 4 speeds on the track all day long.

That was what their intentions then were mostly for.
Being consistent and reliable for drag racing. 

floorit426

My opinion is that automatics are pretty much the best choice for drag or street racing. With that said, there's been quite a few times when someone is checking out my car and their face goes flaccid, when they see the slapstick, rather than the pistol grip. Can't beat a fourspeed for muscle car image and panache, for sure!

Getting back to the burnt beauty, my wife had a T/A, that was the same color and gator grain top, back in the day. I didn't care for the combo then, but I sure like it now, 40 years later!

Spikedog08

That's a cool car for sure!  I would like an AAR in that color!  That or Gunmetal Gray!  I also enjoy a 4 speed at times  . . I'm lucky to have both.  Hardtop is 4 speed and convert is an auto. 
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!