Main Menu

1970 Challenger Convertible Likely Scam

Started by erik70rt, September 07, 2018, 08:56:30 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Glassman

Probably a scam, believe me I know. Cost me $18K but thank god for ebay insurance. Got it all back. Its in the FBI's hands now. Even they were impressed. You would not believe the lengths these people go to to take your money.

Im a very trusting person, but not anymore.

6bblgt

I had that VIN sequence as a T/A from a VIN only info list obtained years ago, but it is obviously wrong - sometimes numbers are hard to read in pictures. 6 VS 9, 3 VS 5 VS 8, C VS G, etc.
the legit VIN appears to be JH27G0B299199 but I don't think that is clear in the fender tag pic :takealook:

:thinking: purple 318 convertible painted black with a 440+6 sounds familiar, maybe from eBay in the past year

Victor8ST

I don't know what to say here. I ordered my Dodge Challenger R/T a year ago from the mentioned website and I didn't have any issues with them. They were replying really fast to emails and opened to any questions. The only thing I took responsibility of was the shipping of the car. They said that their shipping department didn't work at that moment and I had to deal with car transport service by myself. I'm completely bewildered of what is written in this thread.

71vert340

Quote from: Victor8ST on May 14, 2020, 02:19:08 AM
I don't know what to say here. I ordered my Dodge Challenger R/T a year ago from the mentioned website and I didn't have any issues with them. They were replying really fast to emails and opened to any questions.

Hello to @Victor8ST. I see you're new here. Please go to the New Member Introductions page and tell us about yourself and share photos of your car. I would love to see them
Terry

superdave

:huh:  I recall commenting on a post a while back that the VIN number sounded suspect to me but after some discussion I think it was determined that I was probably wrong about that. Not sure if it was for sure verified to be a legit ad. :dunno:

JS29