Main Menu

1970 Challenger Convertible

Started by erik70rt, November 16, 2018, 06:58:49 AM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

Anyone know this one?  Looks pretty rough, and possibly a pink car.  Price seems in line for the condition. 

Could be a good start for a project for me.

https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1970-dodge-challenger/6746825578.html
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

anlauto

Seems priced right  :dunno: I see what looks like original blue as well..great to build a clone or resto-mod :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

superdave

:lurking: Yep, looks very promising. :banana:  :thinking: it would be nice if there was a fender tag but I don't see one there, I could be be missing it.

RUNCHARGER

Dang! Cloned to a 318, 3 speed already. Looks rusty but they all are. Worth looking at for sure.
Sheldon

Crocha617

I went up and looked at it Saturday as well as the 71 barracuda convertible he has. I left them both there... The Challenger sold on Ebay a couple of months ago. You will want to look at both of those in person. The ad was a lot more honest a couple of days ago. Looks like he changed them both.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Dodge-Challenger/183416200934?hash=item2ab4751ee6:g:t8UAAOSw~Wtbjs5e&vxp=mtr

erik70rt

Thanks.  I guess it's a lot worse than the pics show. 

Crocha617

erik70rt

Got it.  I'll stay clear and advise everyone here not to buy it. 

318Stroker

Dash pad is a 71-up pad. Wonder what VIN plate resides on said pad... :thinking:

anlauto

Quote from: erik70rt on November 16, 2018, 08:48:19 AM
Got it.  I'll stay clear and advise everyone here not to buy it.

Well that's kind of a mystery now isn't it  :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

I have a pair but they have 6 X 9 speaker holes in them and I would still want $300 USD for them....Mint originals are just super hard to find.. :alan2cents:

340challconvert

Quote from: Crocha617 on November 16, 2018, 08:24:18 AM
I went up and looked at it Saturday as well as the 71 barracuda convertible he has. I left them both there... The Challenger sold on Ebay a couple of months ago. You will want to look at both of those in person. The ad was a lot more honest a couple of days ago. Looks like he changed them both.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Dodge-Challenger/183416200934?hash=item2ab4751ee6:g:t8UAAOSw~Wtbjs5e&vxp=mtr
It sold for 12k back in September.
Someone looking to flip and make a few bucks.

:takemymoney:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Crocha617

Quote from: 340challconvert on November 16, 2018, 10:01:33 AM
Quote from: Crocha617 on November 16, 2018, 08:24:18 AM

It sold for 12k back in September.
Someone looking to flip and make a few bucks.

:takemymoney:

Probably less than $12k

Crocha617

Alan I'll give you a hint the radiator support and Cowl numbers don't match the vin & it has a very original looking hardtop spare tire bracket in the trunk.

anlauto

Quote from: Crocha617 on November 16, 2018, 10:18:00 AM
Alan I'll give you a hint the radiator support and Cowl numbers don't match the vin & it has a very original looking hardtop spare tire bracket in the trunk.

:haha: Gotcha  ;)