Main Menu

1970 Cuda EV2 Louver / Go wing project

Started by Cuda Cody, January 31, 2017, 12:59:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

HP_Cuda

Heck after seeing the video there is only one section of the rear frame that I would be concerned with but no big deal.

GO FOR IT CODY!!!!

:wowzers: :handshake: :woohoo:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

71GranCoupe

Thought I seen a hole in the left rear frame rail, he did pan it quickly. If I was to buy it, I would do an inspection in person before finalizing the deal. I do have to admit the video did help his position some, the new concern is the rear frame rails. Trunk pan, extensions, wheel housings and the quarters will need replaced/repaired. The deck filler looked better in the video than expected.

Is Cody hooking up his trailer as I type? LOL  :rofl:

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

xx88man

I looked at this car 1 week ago and layed under the back of it. The video doesn't show it but there are large holes where the rear frame rails are rusted away....this section is in front of the rear axle. The angle the video was shot from hides this detail. I'm not an expert but I would count on replacing both rear frame rails. Just so everybody is aware. Now having said that....I am still intrigued by the car and I hope it gets saved! I am contemplating it....just not sure if THIS is the car I want to invest my next 4 years into. I wouldn't hesitate if it was a #'s car.
Keep yer foot in it

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

xx88man

I would love to buy it and have you do the resto Alan......the only problem with that is it might take me 10 years to pay for that! 
Got a payment plan?   :notsure:
Keep yer foot in it

71GranCoupe

Quote from: xx88man on February 06, 2017, 12:34:15 PM
I would love to buy it and have you do the resto Alan......the only problem with that is it might take me 10 years to pay for that! 
Got a payment plan?   :notsure:

Maybe he could store it for you until you get it paid off.  :rofl:

MoparDave

simple repair when you get this.

Dii quit stamping the filler tube hole so this can be used on either E body. comes with rear cross member and extensions to under seat pan. 
Please Email me at daver@manciniracing.com or call 586-790-4100

71GranCoupe

Quote from: MoparDave on February 06, 2017, 12:49:03 PM
simple repair when you get this.

Dii quit stamping the filler tube hole so this can be used on either E body. comes with rear cross member and extensions to under seat pan.

Rough price delivered to Spokane Wash 99037?

anlauto

I've been working on this Road Runner for seven years http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com/ROY-S-RUNNER.html due to the owner's budget.... :)

So what you do is get a home equity loan for about $80K and have me restore the car in about 10-12 months and you can take the rest of your life to pay it off  :bigmoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MoparDave

@Cuda Cody I noticed the left hinge pillar at the lower hinge looked perforated ?? but its about the options on this one. Your an Orange color kinda guy.   :deadhorse: Save it or kill it. We all want to save them.  :alan2cents: As Barry pointed out if this really is about 1 of 2 cuda's in this color when will you see another finished ?? It not like there's a cuda  tree and they are growing like mad to pic from.  MArket is drying up and what we are seeing is about the last of the cars to be had..  :alan2cents: the left apron upper damage to me tooks to be high and above the rail. if the cowl top has a wrinkle also then the rail took some hit also.

MoparDave

71GranCoupe

Quote from: MoparDave on February 06, 2017, 01:02:22 PM
guessing about 175.00

Shipping looks OK, what about the section as pictured? thanks

smb03

Quote from: 71GranCoupe on February 06, 2017, 11:26:35 AM
Thought I seen a hole in the left rear frame rail, he did pan it quickly. If I was to buy it, I would do an inspection in person before finalizing the deal. I do have to admit the video did help his position some, the new concern is the rear frame rails. Trunk pan, extensions, wheel housings and the quarters will need replaced/repaired. The deck filler looked better in the video than expected.

you would bid on a persons car without asking for more pics of desired areas before winning auction and if it doesnt meet ur expectations in person you would back out? you do realize that  the seller paid listing fees and knocks out others potential buyers who had interest. i guess thats the reason for deposits

71GranCoupe

Quote from: smb03 on February 06, 2017, 02:04:05 PM
Quote from: 71GranCoupe on February 06, 2017, 11:26:35 AM

you would bid on a persons car without asking for more pics of desired areas before winning auction and if it doesnt meet ur expectations in person you would back out? you do realize that  the seller paid listing fees and knocks out others potential buyers who had interest. i guess thats the reason for deposits

A good friend bought a high end car project site unseen, had it delivered and it was not even close to what it was described as. He talked with the owner and asked for a refund and to ship the car back. Guy said no way. He then said, you will be getting the car back, you just don't know it yet. He contacted ebay and with some minor paper work he was refunded his entire purchase + shipping. A few days later, a transport truck arrived and the car went back. If it is not as described, a deposit is refundable as well.  :alan2cents: