Main Menu

1970 Dodge Challanger R/T Numbers Matching 383 Four Speed Rotisserie Restoration

Started by MasonDaniel7, March 03, 2021, 11:22:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MasonDaniel7

LoStHeMi

nice car... red on red... clicked on this many times... but my heart is set on an A53...

headejm

Not sure about the asking price but that is a very nice car. Buy it and drive it!  :ohyeah:

Matt M

Very Nice looking Car
It has been for sale for a long time.
Typically when that is the case its a price issue.

anlauto

Strong price for a 383 car, but man o man what a difference a set of tires makes in the overall appearance  :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Nice car, I've never gotten past Chester before to take a look. You just know someone is looking for that 71 hood catch setup though.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 06, 2021, 03:21:01 PM
You just know someone is looking for that 71 hood catch setup though.

I never went that far in the pictures before, but that is VERY odd, why would someone do that ? I could see a 70 hook on a 71 car if your hood didn't have the mount for the pull rod....but why the heck would you put a 71 on a 70???? :looney: 

I also notice a thousand incorrect details now that I look at most of the pictures and can understand why it hasn't sold and won't sell for anything near the asking price....Air shocks ..really ? :thumbdown:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

autoxcuda

Quote from: anlauto on March 06, 2021, 04:22:16 PM

I never went that far in the pictures before, but that is VERY odd, why would someone do that ? I could see a 70 hook on a 71 car if your hood didn't have the mount for the pull rod....but why the heck would you put a 71 on a 70???? :looney: 

I also notice a thousand incorrect details now that I look at most of the pictures and can understand why it hasn't sold and won't sell for anything near the asking price....Air shocks ..really ? :thumbdown:

:iagree: :iagree:

Very poor mopar restoration. Lots of paint put wherever...

Looks to be done by a Chevy guy.

Really bugs me when these colored interiors are all spray bombed with the same can a paint. Originally different materials had different shades on them. Some materials molded in colors, while others painted.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

benlavigne

Quote from: anlauto on March 06, 2021, 04:22:16 PM

Alan, it's a Canadian car, I remember a VO2 red and White 70 like this for sale in Ontario afew years back? Went to Quebec if I recall right, might be the same?

Ben

cuda hunter

Would you guys do those of us who do not know the thousand details a favor and maybe point out more of the mistakes that are made.  I'm trying to learn these cars.  Challengers are so different than cuda's. 
  I participate over on FCBO, those guys pick apart Cbodies with precision and the amount of options and difference's are staggering.  I wish yal would do that with the ebodies.   I'm quite impressed with yals knowledge and I'm not poking fun. 
I truly enjoy all of @MasonDaniel7 's cars for sale posts as I get to read everyones opinions about the car. 

are the paint problems that were mentioned the fact that the bottom of the car is painted? over-restored?
Alan, I would like to know some of the thousand details.   I can only find but a few.   

This car has some really awesome options.  red on red with vo2 ew1 v9x is just a really cool combo. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

autoxcuda

Quote from: cuda hunter on March 06, 2021, 10:55:41 PM
Would you guys do those of us who do not know the thousand details a favor and maybe point out more of the mistakes that are made.  I'm trying to learn these cars.  Challengers are so different than cuda's. 
  I participate over on FCBO, those guys pick apart Cbodies with precision and the amount of options and difference's are staggering.  I wish yal would do that with the ebodies.   I'm quite impressed with yals knowledge and I'm not poking fun. 
I truly enjoy all of @MasonDaniel7 's cars for sale posts as I get to read everyones opinions about the car. 

are the paint problems that were mentioned the fact that the bottom of the car is painted? over-restored?
Alan, I would like to know some of the thousand details.   I can only find but a few.   

This car has some really awesome options.  red on red with vo2 ew1 v9x is just a really cool combo.

Most of the details are not challenger specific.

It's just not the level of resto for a $70K 383 4spd car.

Black painted hood levers
Body painted hood spring
Ex manifold heat stove missing
Parts store pcv and non painted pcv and grommet

Black spray bombed:
Rear end drop out
Yolk and universal joint
Driveshaft
LCA's
Entire transmission
Shifter linkage
Brake drums
Spindles
Strut rods
Clutch dust cover

No black undercoating on car at all especially in wheel wells
Lacking blackout behind grill has some I think... should be more
No cowl blackout

Aftermarket tubular tie rod adjusters

Undercarriage factory tie down brackets painted over body color including bolts

4 terminal ballast resistor

Spark plug wire routed incorrectly
Spark plugs wire holders not painted
Non repro spark plug wires
No reproduction battery

Air cleaner missing hoses
Wires and hoses routed incorrectly in engine compartment
Wrong washer bottle cap

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...