Main Menu

1970 Dodge Challenger 6.3 Coupe Blue RWD Automatic RT

Started by MasonDaniel7, September 13, 2020, 12:24:06 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

That's probably not a bad deal....Being a column auto hurts a bit....if it was a four speed, it would be long gone by now.. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Shoooter

Most of the good ones are gone now. Hard to believe prices these days. This one is worth saving but once again it will be for the love of the car as there will not be a profit

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Car really looks rough. Agree with the no profit. If going to fix for sale, look for a loss. The front end, about ripped off sideways.

anlauto

You're basically buying a numbers matching, big block original R/T.  I've seen people pour more time and money into building 318 cars into clones, so why not start with something with a bit more value.... :dunno:

The days of finding cars that can be bought and restored for profit are LONG GONE in my opinion, and I don't care how much "work you do yourself"  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Shoooter

I agree with getting the best car you can but what wasent damaged in the accident was damaged by vandalism and the sun. Not much left there that is useable.  I think the with prices you would come out ahead more on a 318 clone bought in decent shape than restoring this one.

anlauto

Yea...you could be correct...One would have to decide what they want as an end product...if it's something you're going to modify or change to your liking, then it's a no brainer, go with a 318 car....but if you're looking for a stock OE type original car, you might as well start with a numbers matching RT.

DeathProofCuda

Quote from: Shoooter on September 13, 2020, 10:03:11 AM
I agree with getting the best car you can but what wasent damaged in the accident was damaged by vandalism and the sun. Not much left there that is useable.  I think the with prices you would come out ahead more on a 318 clone bought in decent shape than restoring this one.

You are probably right, but as an original numbers matching RT car it sure would be nice to see this one saved.

Shoooter

I agree with you both,  and I'm sure this one will be safe. Someone will buy it and do it justice

RUNCHARGER

Cars like this need the right guy. The right guy might have some Challenger parts in the backyard that are just what this project needs. The right guy also needs to have some skills he can put to use on it. Not a car for a guy looking to buy his first project car.
Sheldon