Main Menu

1970 Dodge Challenger SE

Started by Challenger in NC, May 05, 2017, 04:35:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Rev-It-Up

Quote from: Challenger in NC on May 05, 2017, 04:35:30 PM
https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/cto/6098344259.html

virtually rust free?

I don't believe he understands the definition of "virtually".

vir·tu·al·ly
ˈvərCH(o͞o)əlē/
adverb: virtually

nearly; almost.
        synonyms:   effectively, in effect, all but, more or less, practically, almost, nearly, close to, verging on, just about, as good as, essentially, to all intents and purposes, roughly, approximately;
Rev-It-Up

Challenger in NC

I guess not. Maybe he meant it had a "rust feel" to it.

ec_co

no no no, you misunderstand. you are only paying $8750 for the rust, that's virtually free!
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Challenger in NC

Cuda Cody

71GranCoupe

If the inner rockers look like that, the rest is just more swiss cheese.  :pokeeye:

Rev-It-Up

Quote from: 71GranCoupe on May 05, 2017, 05:31:35 PM
If the inner rockers look like that, the rest is just more swiss cheese.  :pokeeye:

Maybe that's what he meant... "virtually Swiss cheese".  :rofl:
Rev-It-Up

RUNCHARGER

"Only issue is" Yeah, well that's a biggie.
Sheldon

anlauto

I've seen worse rusty cars :alan2cents: I don't think we need to judge :-X
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cudajunction

We have all seen rustier cars, but described as virtually rust free?  I can judge that.

Challenger in NC

Quote from: anlauto on May 05, 2017, 07:27:49 PM
I've seen worse rusty cars :alan2cents: I don't think we need to judge :-X

You have to admit that claim is pretty absurd.  :alan2cents:

anlauto

I agree without pictures of the floor pans it's hard to tell the extent of the rust. :alan2cents:

However....

Using adverbs like "virtually" is just based on opinion. It's this particular seller's opinion of his own car....

If that's what he believes I don't think we need to "bash" any person for their opinion....or their car......
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Challenger in NC

Bash is a pretty strong word- I was not making fun of the guy because he has a rusty car, my car had all sorts of rust in it when I started. What I was questioning was the statement. He may truly think his car is literally rust free, but it was my opinion that based on these pictures, I would not have used the term "virtually rust free". However, it's his ad, he can say whatever he wants.  :alan2cents: I hope he sells the car and someone finds a neat project to work on.

erik70rt

I'd be more concerned that the VIN and fender tags are lost.
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.