Main Menu

1970 Dodge Challenger TA 340 sixpak six pack Trans Am B5 blue

Started by MasonDaniel7, October 21, 2020, 12:15:26 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MasonDaniel7

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ply64post

Is there any significance on the three dimples on the firewall? I know the AMD sheet metal has them and my 70 doesn't have them. Was there a production change?

Thank You
                                                                  Jeff

anlauto

Those are typically NOT found on a early built 1970.  :alan2cents: I have pictures of a lot of 70's without, but I do have pictures of some with.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda Cody

They were added in anticipation of electronic ignition that was coming the following year, but since E-bodies were built in 2 location and they used up body panels at a different rate there's not exact date of the switch over that I can find.

Quote from: ply64post on October 21, 2020, 05:11:20 AM
Is there any significance on the three dimples on the firewall? I know the AMD sheet metal has them and my 70 doesn't have them. Was there a production change?

Thank You
                                                                  Jeff

70rag383

This must be a very lazy seller with no attention to detail. Why would you leave 72-74 wheel centers or the wrong steering wheel on such a rare care? 

RUNCHARGER

I'm thinking he "always wanted one" and doesn't know all the wrong details, probably bought it as is. It's too bad it has so far to come back to be restored, especially for the $$$. If the paint and body were good it would be a fun project to make right but I bet it would be real disappointing in person. Man do I hate those trim rings.
Sheldon

71vert340

This was brought up before in another post and I'm still scratching my head. How do you get Barracuda door panels to work on a Challenger?  I didn't realize it could be done.
Terry

anlauto

Quote from: 71vert340 on October 21, 2020, 01:17:58 PM
  This was brought up before in another post and I'm still scratching my head. How do you get Barracuda door panels to work on a Challenger?  I didn't realize it could be done.
Terry

To get the windows to roll up and down properly you would have to use Barracuda regulators with Barracuda fore/aft adjusters :drunk:  It's mind boggling ...The Challenger regulators would work, but would have to be moved to the Barracuda location and of course the shafts would be too long...and wouldn't wind up correct without changing the adjusters

JS29