Main Menu

1970 Dodge Challenger T/A burnt orange

Started by Poolshark314, July 22, 2021, 05:59:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I gave a ground up restoration quote to an exact double of that car to an original owner car here in Toronto....He should just buy this one.. :bigmoney: :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

floorit426

Just add a gator grain top, and you have an exact replica, of my wife's car, from back in the day. Same interior, trans, etc. I'm gonna keep an eye on this one.

Smallblock340

Sweet T/A, great color combo!  :twothumbsup:

However, I'm not really a fan of aftermarket tachometers on T/A's with automatic transmission... :huh:
Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

cudamadd

O man I like this T/A  great colour combination  :australia:

Poolshark314

Quote from: floorit426 on July 22, 2021, 07:08:37 PM
Just add a gator grain top, and you have an exact replica, of my wife's car, from back in the day. Same interior, trans, etc. I'm gonna keep an eye on this one.

There was a burnt orange R/T hemi clone for sale at Carlisle that had gator grain with a sunroof!
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

Cuda_mark

Quote from: Poolshark314 on July 23, 2021, 06:14:30 AM
Quote from: floorit426 on July 22, 2021, 07:08:37 PM

There was a burnt orange R/T hemi clone for sale at Carlisle that had gator grain with a sunroof!

I saw that car. It had attracted quite a crowd while I was there. there was a super low mileage hemi bee a few cars away that wasn't being looked at by anyone....

Bossgold

A lot of comments on this car because pictures show a stamped block matching the VIN. The Fonts don't match traditional MOPAR fonts stamped on TA blocks. Its quite obvious. Many have said that in the description it was never brought up that it was numbers matching but then why show the picture? Its a nice car but when ever something like this happens it always begs the question - 'what else did you do to the car'? I know many don't care and many of the uneducated have no idea what even the traditional fonts look like.....but the comments on BaT have begun to appear.

Mopsquad

Quote from: Bossgold on July 23, 2021, 08:59:25 AM
A lot of comments on this car because pictures show a stamped block matching the VIN. The Fonts don't match traditional MOPAR fonts stamped on TA blocks. Its quite obvious. Many have said that in the description it was never brought up that it was numbers matching but then why show the picture? Its a nice car but when ever something like this happens it always begs the question - 'what else did you do to the car'? I know many don't care and many of the uneducated have no idea what even the traditional fonts look like.....but the comments on BaT have begun to appear.

The matching numbers block to serial number is definitely implied in the ad.  If it's an restamp and not authentic, there is a problem with how the car is being represented.

DeathProofCuda

Maybe just a little ironic that the seller's name is Bogusmachine1???

Poolshark314

Quote from: Bossgold on July 23, 2021, 08:59:25 AM

Yeah that's what I love about BaT. People can point things out that others might miss, and the seller has a chance to respond accordingly (or not, and likely not sell). Don't get that kind of insight on Ebay and the like
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

anlauto

I didn't read the ad, but the numbers on the block might be something the owner is unaware of ? not everybody is a crook...Could it be a dealer re-stamped replacement block ? Who knows  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Bossgold

Quote from: anlauto on July 23, 2021, 06:30:23 PM
I didn't read the ad, but the numbers on the block might be something the owner is unaware of ? not everybody is a crook...Could it be a dealer re-stamped replacement block ? Who knows  :dunno:

Come on now, really? If you can google what Bat is, look up going prices for 1970 Challenger T/A'shttps://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/1970/Dodge/Challenger-T-A/2-Door-Hardtop/Values, google how to buy a challenger T/A by reviewing an ad https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-dodge-challenger-12/, then you can  figure out what's critical. Not to mention its now all over the BaT ad. Here is the picture, so to claim stupidity is just insulting, sorry. Lately with prices up many sellers and others are acting like complete ignorance is an excuse to achieve their motive....sell it for the most you can get and screw the rest....have we all turned into an auction mentality!

anlauto

Maybe it's news to you, but LOTS of people who own these cars don't care, or know about and the little details of stamping fonts etc..some don't even care about all this number matching stuff...they just own the cars and enjoy them...if they were told when they bought it, it was numbers matching, they pass that info on to the next guy when they sell it, as simple as that. :alan2cents: you can call it ignorance if you want, but it sounds like all the arm chair experts on BAT are giving this guy and education he didn't know he needed. :brainiac:

PlumCrazyRTSE

Quote from: anlauto on July 24, 2021, 05:13:19 AM
Maybe it's news to you, but LOTS of people who own these cars don't care, or know about and the little details of stamping fonts etc..some don't even care about all this number matching stuff...they just own the cars and enjoy them...if they were told when they bought it, it was numbers matching, they pass that info on to the next guy when they sell it, as simple as that. :alan2cents: you can call it ignorance if you want, but it sounds like all the arm chair experts on BAT are giving this guy and education he didn't know he needed. :brainiac:

:iagree: