Main Menu

1970 Plymouth AAR CUDA PROJECT car

Started by MasonDaniel7, February 29, 2020, 11:21:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Shoooter

Probably the only AAR I could afford haha. Needs alot of tlc

JS29

beautiful car in it's day! If that had a 4-speed, it would have checked all the box's.  :alan2cents:

anlauto

So if it was a 4 speed would it be closer to $20K asking price ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Brads70

Just wondering...... if someone was to restore this one, would you be better off building it as a 4 speed instead of an auto? Would that add or devalue it from an investment /purist point of view ?

anlauto

Quote from: Brads70 on March 01, 2020, 01:00:25 PM
Just wondering...... if someone was to restore this one, would you be better off building it as a 4 speed instead of an auto? Would that add or devalue it from an investment /purist point of view ?
It's always the "age old" question....In my opinion...swapping an auto to a 4spd will always help the resale potential buy attracting more buyers, but it devalues the car from an originality point of view.

With this particular car being so rusty, non numbers matching, and no broadcast sheet, it will NEVER be a "top of the heap" investment grade car no matter how nicely restored it is....

Because there's not much going for the originality on this one, I don't think a four speed swap would hurt it too much, but it has to be done for personal preference and not personal gain....you can't make the mistake of thinking an added 4spd AAR will have the same resale value as an original 4spd AAR :alan2cents: but it will attract more potential buyers, just not serious big dollar buyers.  :bigmoney:

JS29

A big money investment will be the person restoring something that far gone. And would have to be for personal interest. Most body panels, engine, transmission, documentation all gone. It's for the individual that wants a AAR but can't afford one otherwise. and most likely will never get finished. Never be close in value to the cost of a lo quality restore.  :alan2cents:

RUNCHARGER

Yup: It would be a fun car to do but you'd be shelling out more in parts than final value unfortunately.
Sheldon