Main Menu

1970 Plymouth Barracuda V-code 440-6 bbl, Torqueflite A727 auto

Started by MasonDaniel7, August 02, 2022, 12:10:59 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MasonDaniel7

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6pack

Price does make you wonder.  If I wanted it I would hit buy it now then quickly go there and see it in person with cash.

70_440-6Cuda

I thought red hockey stripes were not available from the factory?  I saw Mark Worman talk about that as a dealer installed option - just saw a rerun of Graveyard Carz and am sure I heard something like that.  This is pretty much what my build sheet looks like, and if that is the going price boy am I in trouble with the expected restoration costs....
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

JH27N0B

Hockey stick stripes were only available in black.
The code the seller cites for the stripes is actually the side moldings package.  It had red side moldings.

70_440-6Cuda

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

horse

I haven't been able to get the guy to respond.
Possibly a scam 🤷🏻‍♀️

70_440-6Cuda

I asked for the broadcast sheet and he sent it over to me so I don't think a scam - I dont think it would be right for me to share the broadcast sheet, but it looks fairly legit.  I messaged him late last night and got a response this morning.  I am seriously considering buying this car since it is so closely optioned to mine and already done - price seems low to me but something does feel off

horse

How did you get in touch with him, just through the message system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

70_440-6Cuda

cuda hunter

If he is selling his car it can only help him sell the car by showing the broadcast sheet and fender tag to anyone available.
  I won't really consider a car unless I can see the information.
I don't understand sellers that keep what the car actually is, private.   

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

horse

Quote from: cuda hunter on August 03, 2022, 12:46:50 PM
If he is selling his car it can only help him sell the car by showing the broadcast sheet and fender tag to anyone available.
  I won't really consider a car unless I can see the information.
I don't understand sellers that keep what the car actually is, private.
Totally agree.
I'd be happy to get a response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HP_Cuda

So this V code Cuda does not have the original engine. That will take a 25% hit and makes sense why its selling for 89k USD. Normally this would sell at a higher range if everything was matching and there.

Maybe he just wants to move it quickly?
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

I agree, and it's an auto, and it's not an N96 car like a lot were
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RSI700VIPER

Pretty car.  Would probably look good with the red body side molding and pinstripe.  Agreed that NOM and auto trans hurts but still seems like a decent buy.