Main Menu

1971 Challenger 383 4 speed, slight fire damage

Started by RacerX, January 21, 2021, 10:01:49 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RacerX

Skdmark

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

RUNCHARGER

See: I always tell people to mount their valve covers on the correct side of the engine, this is what happens when you don't. Call me crazy but I think this is a good deal for a 71 except you need an expensive 71 grille, taillights and taiil panel trim. Especially if it is an R/T, it has a clean title. New roof skin, quarters and rear frame rail/trunk floor assy always seem to be needed on a resto anyway.
Actually is there anyone in the Riverside area that could check this car out for me if I decide to pursue it?
Sheldon

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

YYZ

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 22, 2021, 07:23:50 AM
See: I always tell people to mount their valve covers on the correct side of the engine, this is what happens when you don't. Call me crazy but I think this is a good deal for a 71 except you need an expensive 71 grille, taillights and taiil panel trim. Especially if it is an R/T, it has a clean title. New roof skin, quarters and rear frame rail/trunk floor assy always seem to be needed on a resto anyway.
Actually is there anyone in the Riverside area that could check this car out for me if I decide to pursue it?

The front seems to be relatively untouched (untorched?), and it's an early production car.  Hard to tell if had the R/T scoops on it at one point.

@RUNCHARGER if you do pick it up, I have a '71 tail panel, bezels and probably lights that I can send your way reasonably.

RUNCHARGER

Yup, 383 looks like it was born there, proper fan, pulleys, PS etc. 3 speed wiper motor. Covid sure messes up looking at or getting cars delivered to where I'm at. I'm working on it though.
Sheldon

Skdmark

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 22, 2021, 07:23:50 AM

Looking at the member map CudaMoparRay looks nearby.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane: