Main Menu

1971 Dodge Challenger Promo car

Started by 71GranCoupe, August 15, 2017, 10:39:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71GranCoupe

This use to belong to a friend of mine in central Oregon. It is as nice in person as the pictures show. It is a two tag car and has a build sheet as well.

https://harrisburg.craigslist.org/cto/d/1971-dodge-challenger-340/6265982762.html

Cuda Cody

WOW!!!!   :inlove:  Love the color.  Do you know if it has a build sheet?  I'm really digging it.  :banana:

@cudaized

6bblgt

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 15, 2017, 11:03:41 PM
WOW!!!!   :inlove:  Love the color.  Do you know if it has a build sheet?  I'm really digging it.  :banana:

@cudaized

it does & it was originally spec'd with the CANCELLED 1971 15x7.0" aluminum wheels

anlauto

I'm glad it got restored with the flat hood. How come the stripe code is not on the tag ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Good eye Alan.  Dan has a copy of the build sheet and it was on there, but not on the tag. 

Quote from: anlauto on August 16, 2017, 04:12:13 AM
I'm glad it got restored with the flat hood. How come the stripe code is not on the tag ?

Cuda Cody

For what that car is, am I the only one that thinks it is priced okay?  I think they are close to what it is worth.  Would be neat to see more photos of the under side.  Looks like it was painted, but maybe not fully restored?

340challconvert

What a cool, unique 1971 Challenger!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

303 Mopar

@cudaized

Owner says it has 2 build sheets.  I think its priced fair, the rust bubbles make me nervous as to what else.... :thinking:

scf100

saw that one what an coll color combo and options.....would love to have it but this thing called money gets in the way or lack there of!
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

6bblgt

I think it is overpriced by at least $10K
-  it may be a nice driver & an awesome combination but it is a money pit to make a better car out of
& in the end it's ONLY a 340 automatic Challenger

you will notice no engine compartment or trunk floor pics

6bblgt

71GranCoupe

The 2nd owner had the stripes installed and knew they were not original, but really enhanced the color of the car. Engine bay is as expected in a survivor, trunk may need some attention as well, lower quarters WILL need some work. It sold to the buyer who  now is selling at an inflated price as Dan mentioned of value.

cudaized

1B100232

@cudaized
1970 `cuda340 convertible 4-speed Rallye Red with Red interior cudaized.com 1970-71 Plymouth and Dodge E-Body Convertible Registry ebodyconvertibleregistry.com

6bblgt

car is coded for the stripes on the broadcast sheet "V6J" - not being on the fender tag probably has something to do with the early nature of the car or a simple mistake/oversight

:thinking: just like the "flat" hood - there is no way to order a 340 Challenger with or without the "sport" hood - it was part of the "package"  :looney:

RzeroB

No matter the hood, I totally dig this car!  :drooling:  Love me some FJ6 (one of my atf colors along with FM3 and GY3)! Very cool for what it is being an early production promo car and all. I love it!  :inlove:

Interesting how the seller describes the paint as being "near perfect" - but that lower quarter panel and the area around the fender tag beg to differ.

Wasn't this car up for sale recently? Maybe a year ago or so? I distinctly remember seeing it for sale in an online ad somewhere but I just can't place it ...
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)