Main Menu

1971 Dodge Challenger Triple Black Convertible TX9

Started by MasonDaniel7, January 03, 2022, 11:18:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MasonDaniel7

mccannix

I know this is a tuff convertible and only a 318 but the sum of the parts on this car puts it up there, close the current bid IMHO.
70 pad is said to have no imperfections as well as the rear inner convertible panels.
Add to that the rare long top belt diecast moldings as well as top door, rear hood/fenders trim and you've got nearly half the bid.
Front window trim inside and out....front door panels, rare with the non woodgrain inserts.
All glass if good and looks to be a perfect 70 console...power top assembly with top switch/wiring, 3 speed wiper...list goes on....who knows...could be a spacesaver in the trunk
For someone doing a high end convertible needing a lot of this to improve theirs, it might be a good buy, swap in their mediocre parts, tidy it up a bit and still get good $$ for it when re-selling.
It would have been a neat car in its day... triple black with red longitudinal stripe....

anlauto

I was unaware an inside hood release was a thing in 1970  :thinking:  I agree great car back in the day :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MKA

Quote from: anlauto on January 06, 2022, 10:55:51 AM
I was unaware an inside hood release was a thing in 1970  :thinking:  I agree great car back in the day :drooling:

My 70 Convertible has the inside hood release.  SPD April , sales bank car.  I suppose it could have been added later.  No way to confirm.