Main Menu

1971 Plymouth Barracuda - CO - $30k

Started by ec_co, August 07, 2018, 07:27:48 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ec_co

not mine. too high of an ask and doesn't seem like the type to budge much. but it's a '71

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/rare-1971-plymouth-barracuda/6654294111.html

This is my Dads car and it's awesome!!! Wish it was mine. lol
Please read the entire ad before contacting me. Thank you.
This is a nice numbers matching 71 Plymouth Barracuda Gran Coupe survivor car. Only 9000 of these babies were made that year. 1971 was the only year with four headlights. It has the original newly and properly rebuilt 318 LA engine bored 30 over, rebuilt A904 3 speed Auto transmission and a new Posi rear end. Has an edelbrock intake and a performance 4bbl carb as well as headers and duals out the back among other upgrades.
Runs, drives and sounds great!
Comes with a clean title and over 12k in receipts for parts and work alone. Has been converted to power disk brakes all the way around, new wheels and tires, new shocks, new bumpers and many other bits and pieces have been replaced inside and out as well. There is almost 0 rust on this car. By almost I mean super light, minor surface stuff. The rockers, floor boards, trunk, Front clip, fenders, quarters, frame, body and all the under carriage are solid as a rock!
The reason being is it seems the original owner chose to get the under coating which was most likely an option back in the day, and we believe that's part of what saved the car. It does have some body blemishes in a few spots though. Mainly on the passenger side fender all of which could be fixed by a qualified body man. My Dad was going to opt for brand new gilled fenders which were only available on the 71 Cuda. They can be bought aftermarket now.
The mechanicals have already been sorted on this car, now it just needs the right new owner to finish up the aesthetics that won't be nearly as bad as most considering a lot of these cars have rusted away to almost nothing. Obviously it's not perfect and if it were I'd be asking over 60k for it. My Dad has collected many extra parts for her, which include but are not limited to: A complete white interior, seat foams and covers, door panels and side panels, black carpets, black dash board, console, chrome trim, door handles, and all the original parts that came off it, intakes, carbs, brakes, original am/fm optional radio, and much more. If somebody were to want all the extra parts he has accumulated for it they should expect to pay at or very very near the full asking price for the car and all the parts. For now most of the extra parts are not for sale individually. Once the car is sold if the parts don't go with it we will consider selling the other parts. Just trying to weed out all the dreamers who think they can have something they cant afford. Please take no offense. I want a Lamborghini but probably wont have one in my garage for some time. If you are truly interested in this ride please review all the pictures carefully before calling me as they will answer most of the questions you may have. Also I don't mind if you want to call me directly to ask questions as well if you are really in to it. The car needs light body work and paint and then it will be worth way way more. That's it. It is a running driving matching numbers 71 Barracuda so you can drive it home today. Dad's project is as I would say over 80% done, and an amazing start to an amazing car. Has original body and engine tags. This is that dream car.
He had the intention of taking this car all the way but has since decided to travel the world and doesn't have the time or energy to mess with it that much any more. That said we know what all this costs and the rarity of it so any silly lowball offers will be completely ignored. Also not interested in trades unless they are worth a lot more than 30k and even then probably not. This may be your chance to own a rare piece of Mopar history. Good luck and remember there are a couple others cheaper but you would have to drive them home with your feet through the rotted floor like a Flintstones car. Somebody who knows these cars well could also swap the K-frame, slap on the fish gilled fenders and drop a 440 or a Hemi 426
in this thing and create a monster clone car. Just saying.
Thanks.
Rick IV
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon