Main Menu

1971 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible - $35000 Monterey

Started by dodgemania, March 01, 2018, 06:53:02 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dodgemania

not mine but 3 speed and red bucket  seat

I am listing my 1971, 2nd owner Barracuda Convertible. I bought it from the original owner in 1997. Its all original with the original engine and transmission, even the original paint. I had planned to restore it, but after 20 years, I don't think I will ever have the time. They made around 1,000 convertibles in 1970 and 1,000 in 1971. This is the year of the doubole headlights and many people consider this the beat looking. Its a rare 3 speed on the floor. It has a 318 2-barrel. (This same car with a 426 hemi has sold for over $3 million). It has front power disc brakes. I have kept the price down because of shipping prices to California, the car is in Indianapolis. It will look great restored, especially with white letter tires setting off the black steel wheels and white exterior paint. It will also be a good candidate for a conversion to a big block 4 speed because the frame and floor are in good shape, and there is a factory hole for the current 3 speed. I have the original build sheet, sales paperwork, and a clear title. Thanks.

https://monterey.craigslist.org/cto/d/1971-plymouth-barracuda/6513329455.html

anlauto

He's kept the price "down" to $35K, so I can restore it with a Hemi and sell it for over 3 million :banana:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

That's a cool car!  Hope it gets restored and back on the road.  :burnout:

superdave

:thinking: I'm  a little skeptical of this one. Can anyone make out the plate?

1 Wild R/T

Is it just me or does that car look like its ready to explode into a pile of rust...

Spikedog08

Could it be ordered with just red seats?  Wouldn't the dash be red as well?   :thinking:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

anlauto

Quote from: Spikedog08 on March 01, 2018, 09:19:17 AM
Could it be ordered with just red seats?  Wouldn't the dash be red as well?   :thinking:

Yes...it's not red, it's orange and it came exactly like it is.....mostly black with just the seat covers bright orange.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

kathyscuda

its been for sale for 2 years
another overpriced gem

HP_Cuda

Help me understand something. You want to sell this specimen for 35k and you list it in Monterey CA and the car lives in Indiana.

Gee I wonder if you are trying to pander to folks who have money versus those who cannot buy your pile in Indiana.

Downside here is the rust, 3 speed and general neglect. It looks like every panel will need replacement.  :bricks:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Jim AAR

If there is that much rust showing on the Outside of the car, imagine what's hiding...... :Thud:

RUNCHARGER

Meh: Don't need. In my next life I am going to do things differently. Rather than restore cars I am going to buy every E-body convt. and 68-70 Charger I can for $500 in the 80's and leave them outside until it is time to retire in the 2010's.
Sheldon