Main Menu

Thumbwheel Radio

Started by 1971Y13, November 10, 2020, 08:16:28 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MoparCarGuy

That thumbwheel AM/FM sold. Winning bid: $766.89 plus $16.99 USPS shipping. Geez.

Jay Bee

For the Canadian guys, eBay's estimate is $1,009.50 CAD plus shipping of $76.15 CAD (USPS Priority Mail International). Yes, I was watching it too.

Skdmark

This past September at a local mopar swap meet, there was a '71 e-body thumbwheel in good shape for $700 firm.
The guy went home with it.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

70/6chall

I always like relating this story of how I came by a factory '70  am/fm thumb wheel. About 15-20 years ago I was cruising through my local pick-n-pull yard when they had just dropped a '70 Challenger. As soon as the heavy fork lift left I went straight over to it. Well what do you know an am/fm roll dial got in pulled that thing out, not knowing if it even worked. At the exit gate it cost me a whole $10.00. Got home put it in hooked it up and it plays beautifully even the green stereo light comes on in fm mode.yeah I lucked out couple of guys there said, damned you lucked out buddy.  Al

xx88man

Quote from: 70/6chall on November 15, 2020, 07:59:52 PM
I always like relating this story of how I came by a factory '70  am/fm thumb wheel. About 15-20 years ago I was cruising through my local pick-n-pull yard when they had just dropped a '70 Challenger. As soon as the heavy fork lift left I went straight over to it. Well what do you know an am/fm roll dial got in pulled that thing out, not knowing if it even worked. At the exit gate it cost me a whole $10.00. Got home put it in hooked it up and it plays beautifully even the green stereo light comes on in fm mode.yeah I lucked out couple of guys there said, damned you lucked out buddy.  Al

That's a great story Al. Still got that radio? Did you put it in your car?
Keep yer foot in it

70/6chall

88man, that stereo radio is in the car as I text, and it plays quite well for a 50 year old radio. I did have a friend of mine that used to install radios for a living help  me out putting it in. To make the install factory complete I bought another piece from another buddy. He was getting rid of a stalled '70 Challenger project car and threw my way an OE black 3-speaker non-air in beautiful condition, with speaker grills, dash pad, which is already installed. I then put in the back 2 Pioneer tri-axial 6x9 speakers with the vintage Pioneer speaker grills.might not be super hi-tech but I like it.   Al

xx88man

Quote from: 70/6chall on November 15, 2020, 08:51:48 PM
88man, that stereo radio is in the car as I text, and it plays quite well for a 50 year old radio. I did have a friend of mine that used to install radios for a living help  me out putting it in. To make the install factory complete I bought another piece from another buddy. He was getting rid of a stalled '70 Challenger project car and threw my way an OE black 3-speaker non-air in beautiful condition, with speaker grills, dash pad, which is already installed. I then put in the back 2 Pioneer tri-axial 6x9 speakers with the vintage Pioneer speaker grills.might not be super hi-tech but I like it.   Al

That's great Al. Cool to have a nice radio in your cruiser  :drinkingbud:
Keep yer foot in it