Main Menu

1971 Sassy Grass Green 340 Four Speed Cuda Convertible

Started by Challenger in NC, January 31, 2020, 04:10:21 PM

Previous topic Next topic

scf100

1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

anlauto

In my opinion, it's a perfect example of a wheel/tire combo destroying the whole look of the car. Give me some rallies and Polyglas any day  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

EV2RTSE

JH27N0B

That's one of Tom Lembecks cudas, he has arguably the best collection of cudas in the world!

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on January 31, 2020, 05:54:58 PM
In my opinion, it's a perfect example of a wheel/tire combo destroying the whole look of the car. Give me some rallies and Polyglas any day  :twothumbsup:

With the bid at $162K some other people don't seem to mind...

anlauto

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on January 31, 2020, 06:17:57 PM
Quote from: anlauto on January 31, 2020, 05:54:58 PM

With the bid at $162K some other people don't seem to mind...

Yea...no doubt  :))
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

JH27N0B

When I see radial T/As on a vintage car, I cringe a little.  But I know Tom and he likes to drive his cars.  Bias ply look great but they don't drive great.  Been there, done that.  Driving down the asphalt roads around this area, crowned by years of semis driving on them, is a lot of things, but fun isn't one of them.
Someone with six figures to spend on a new ride probably isn't going to hold out waiting for a similar car to come on the market with the wheels and tire he prefers, if he can just spend a couple grand updating this one after he buys it.
Me, I'd keep the wheels, but change the tires to polyglas.

mccannix

Sharp looking car but now that the reproduction 15 inch 450 wheels are around, it seems like everyone puts them on .
I believe it would look better with the 14 inch rallye wheels and F-70-14 Goodyear polyglas it was born with,... or the equivalent in radial size.

fc7cuda

benlavigne

71vert340

Nope. The Challenger 340 convertible 4 speed at Mecum Indianapolis 2019 is the highest I've seen for an e-body 340 convertible at $302k. I cannot believe someone would pay that much for the car.
Terry

RzeroB

Tom had the Sassy 'vert at the last MCACN show. Sharp looking car for sure ... and my favorite color! Before Tom acquired it, it was part of Steve Klein's collection.
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Katfish

Quote from: fc7cuda on February 01, 2020, 05:25:49 AM
Lose the white stripe and shaker hood.... :alan2cents:

Agreed, hate that white billboard.
And what makes this car special?
Hemi's don't bring that kind of money.

anlauto

Quote from: 71vert340 on February 01, 2020, 10:34:06 AM
Nope. The Challenger 340 convertible 4 speed at Mecum Indianapolis 2019 is the highest I've seen for an e-body 340 convertible at $302k. I cannot believe someone would pay that much for the car.
Terry

I recently heard a story about that car. The guy who was the winning bidder, bought nine cars that day, then backed out of seven of them. He didn't pay for them so they were returned to the owners....I believe LMC was filing a lawsuit over this car.  Second hand story so I don't know how accurate it is.