Main Menu

1971 Shaker Cuda project

Started by Desmond, March 26, 2017, 05:29:51 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Desmond

anlauto

I like that one, wonder what it will sell for ? :takealook:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Desmond

Code 90 Rallye wheels and U82 15" E60s !!  :bigthumb:

anlauto

I thought the Vehicle Order Number on the fender tag should at least match the one on the build sheet ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RUNCHARGER

These things seem to be breeding. I prefer the options and colour on the green one though. N96 would be a necessity for me on a Cuda I think.
Sheldon

anlauto

I think this particular colour combination is one of the most iconic looking for the 71's

6bblgt

Quote from: anlauto on March 26, 2017, 06:58:30 AM
I thought the Vehicle Order Number on the fender tag should at least match the one on the build sheet ?

yes they should - sometimes BAD tags are easy to spot!  :foul:

:banana: it did have the iconic '71 'cuda "LOOK" from the factory!!  :wowzers:

anlauto

Here's his answer when asked if the tags were a reproduction:
Hi, I bought this car from an estate sale last year. The fender tag was in the pile of stuff in the trunk and the build sheet was in the seat. The owner died so I don't have much info. I bought this car with the intention of building a restomod with a new hemi and 6 speed. After I found the tags and BS I figured it would be better for a restoration than restomod. So what is the mistake? Thanks,
Jason

There is an unlikely chance it could be a factory screw up ?

Cuda Cody

Maybe a typo, but having the build sheet trumps it anyway.  I like that car a lot!  To bad it's not a numbers engine / trans.  I would want to see more photos too.  Looks like the inner fender was already replaced?

6bblgt

a number of errors on the tags - NOT ORIGINAL

anlauto

I'm with Cody....BCS trumps all !

6bblgt

you still need to be aware  :foul:

Shoooter

I wonder what the reserve price is one this one. Seems to be some cool cars coming out lately

anlauto

Quote from: 6bblgt on March 26, 2017, 12:29:33 PM

Now now @6bblgt we don't want to invite that hothead here to start his ranting.....

Cuda Cody

That's the next item on our Prize Shop.... free Build Sheets for everyone!   :haha:  :rofl:  Of course I'm joking.   :haha:

But 6bblgt does bring up a good point.  Although much less likely (compared to a fender tag) there are some fake Build Sheets out there.  It's always a good idea to get someone that knows fender tags and build sheets to look it over before you spend your hard earned money.   :alan2cents:

Quote from: 6bblgt on March 26, 2017, 12:29:33 PM