Main Menu

1972 DODGE CHALLENGER "R/T PRO-TOURING" w/999 - Special Order Paint Code

Started by Smallblock340, June 03, 2021, 01:54:15 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Smallblock340

For sale: 1972 Dodge Challenger with VIN: JH23G2B446841
Link: https://www.streetsideclassics.com/vehicles/2902-tpa/1972-dodge-challenger-r-t-pro-touring

Body Paint and Roof Paint code: 999 - "Special Order"
Is the "Special Order" color itself written somewhere on the broadcast sheet? :thinking:

FYI:
Car sold at Mecum Kissimmee in January 2021 for US$ 56,100
Asking price: US$ 99,995... :bigmoney:
Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

Purepony

Ok if someone pays 99k for that atrocity that's it! I'm gonna sell my car and go buy a bmw 2021 three series with hybrid option, drink cappuccino and watch French movies. That's cars enough proof to show the world has no hope and has lost its mind.

99k plus another 35 to make it right abd get rid of that awful paint job

anlauto

I think that is the current direction of the hobby....unfortunately....problem with this one is that they personalized it to the point that only the builder will love it which narrows it's re-sale ability.  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Purepony

I hope not that things the reason why they want us to drive electric cars and stay home on social
media

Cool motor just the whole 70grill with 82plus tail and paint are horrid

ragtopdodge

I actually like it better than what I've seen chip Foose has done to CHallengers.

I'd just get rid of those front spoiler supports and redo the interior.  And the taillight panel for mimic the 1970.

BUt then again, it'd have to be closer to $40k for it to be worth it.

70vert

obviously this build is not for the purists on here, but seeing a lot of them for SEMA or various celebrities. Taking old school and putting as much modern muscle and style in it as possible.
I'm more shocked at the sales price from Mecum than the current price.
It's not my thing either, but I don't hate it.

7212Mopar

Seems to me too much money for a restomod with this build level which is on the low end IMO. 6.1 L with a 3 speed AT is not really much of an upgrade from old school drivetrain. Big wheels with tiny brakes also does not go with the Pro-Touring theme. Even rice rockets have bigger brakes. Not a fan of two tones paint job.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

318Stroker

No the 999 paint code color is not specified on the broadcast sheet. You would have to find a patch of original paint under the package shelf, inside a door, etc to determine the original 999 color.

cudamadd

1972V21Cuda

Thing looks like crap...You'd have to pay me to take it away.

Mopsquad

If someone could Photoshop those wheels off and put a set of 17" nouveau rallyes it wouldn't hurt my retinas so much.

Overall, I like the car.  If you said it was 60-70K with better wheels, I wouldn't have such a negative predetermined price bias.