Main Menu

1972 Plymouth Barracuda Cuda 340 Pistol Grip 4 Speed

Started by MasonDaniel7, August 01, 2019, 12:18:49 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ec_co

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

70 Challenger Lover

Collecting Mopars ain't cheap anymore. I'm watching a 70 Charger RT in my area. It's far worse than this car, missing all it's power train, an automatic to boot, and the guy wants 20 grand. He might actually find someone willing pay that eventually.

You can enter the collector car world cheap if you're willing to settle for a 65-70 Mustang coupe.

Fastmark

BUT ITS MATCHING NUMBERS. This is what kills me. The "Chevy" influence that has crept up on the mopar guys. If does not have the original motor, it's not a real car or it's very diminished in value. They are willing to put up with a car that is falling apart from rusty decay but will pass on it if the original motor is gone. I had a guy walk up to my original paint 60,000 miles rust free AAR with nicely done engine and was really impressed with it until the fatal question, " Is it matching number". No, I replied,"it had a replacement warranty shortblock when I bought it in 76." He ducted his head and walked away like I had just insulted his wife. I worked on car for a family that has display sign with their car at a car show that touts it's matching numbers status. When I told them it was a poorly restamped replacement block, she almost cried and was ready to sell the car. I'm surprised that no one has mention this car is GREEN yet!🙄

70 Challenger Lover

I love green cars! I didn't always but I do now. Partly because they are not so popular. And you're right about the numbers matching thing. It should mean something but too often we act as if that is all that matters. My RT was missing it's fender tag when I got it. I had a new one made because I think they look cool. When I mentioned this on the other forum, one of the members actually posted that he would never own a car without the original fender tag. People get nutted up about stuff like that. The tone of his comment made it sound as though the car was essentially valueless without it.

For the record, I just want to put it out here that if anyone has a cool Mopar they want to give me because it's missing it's fender tag, I will give it a good home.