Main Menu

15 X 7 "390" Rally Wheels

Started by mikem, March 14, 2021, 09:46:48 AM

Previous topic Next topic

mikem

I have a matched set of "390" rally wheels with a date of 9-10-70 and '71 center caps. I am going to sell them but I am unsure what to ask. Any ideas are appreciated.  Thanks

anlauto

Depends on how quick you want them to sell. 4/$1000 should go fairly quick. 4/$3000 would take much longer
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Floyd

anlauto

oh...and welcome to the best E Body website in the WORLD  :grouphug:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

mikem

Crocha617

$1,000 should be a really quick sale I would try to get at least $1,600

anlauto

That's what I was saying, somewhere in between is a good starting place. :alan2cents:

Bossgold

you might want to make sure you check the lateral and radial run out before you sell them. Take the wheels to a tire store and have them spin the rims on the wheel balancer to check side to side and up and down movement( tolerance is usually 20 to 30 thousands or approx 1/32 movement). If you got an iPhone its easy to take a quick video. Reason: $ 1000 to $ 3000 is a  lot of money and if any of the rims are bent its near impossible to straighten back a bent steel rim. All it takes is one good whack against a curb and your 4 rims become 3. I am amazed at how many people sell originals for $ thousands and don't check the quality of the wheels.

MoparLeo

Another big one is damage to the lug nut seats.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

70 Top Banana

Agree, I would not want to sell a set of wheels to someone and find out one was bent. Or buy a set that had one bent. There is a guy in Detroit that could probably straighten it but your right, it is not easy to straighten a bent steel wheel.