Main Menu

Market for these ?

Started by anlauto, May 13, 2021, 01:55:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Is there really a market for these ? If so, I think I've thrown a lot of potential cash in the garbage over the years :'(

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-engines-and-engine-parts/mississauga-peel-region/gearshifter-boots/1561322873?cid=ba58d327-a4d2-4cc9-89b7-211458d994b5
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Oh man: How many of us happily laid down the coin at the dealer, hurried home then pulled it over the shifter only to see it split immediately?
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on May 13, 2021, 04:47:48 PM
Oh man: How many of us happily laid down the coin at the dealer, hurried home then pulled it over the shifter only to see it split immediately?

YUP...or pay a premium to a certain Carlisle vendor, because "NOS don't split, like the cheap reproductions".... :pullinghair: oh yea they do....I've had better luck with the reproductions.....  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda_mark

Quote from: anlauto on May 13, 2021, 06:35:50 PM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on May 13, 2021, 04:47:48 PM

YUP...or pay a premium to a certain Carlisle vendor, because "NOS don't split, like the cheap reproductions".... :pullinghair: oh yea they do....I've had better luck with the reproductions.....  :alan2cents:

Oh, I always thought the split was a factory design detail...you know, for faster shifts.

jimynick

Jeez, now you've got me worrying Alan! For myself and my A/M boot, a warm day, a dash of lube and a gentle insertion did the trick (whew, I'm starting to get warm myself) and so far, touching my head, no issues.  ;)
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"