Started by three two barrels, May 29, 2023, 08:37:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

three two barrels

[ebay]325672574239[/ebay]

Not mine

cuda hunter

Wow!  That is super cool!!

Thanks for sharing.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

mtull

Are the HEMI air cleaner lids for N94 hood reproduced?  If not, are the original lids worth more than a standard lid?
I realize this is an older thread and the eBay listing is most likely no longer valid.  I was just curious about rarity and value.

Thank you

Floyd

Not reproduced as far as I know.  Quite the unicorn part.  Lids would be worth a lot more than the six pack version, but an extremely small market for N-94 equipped Hemi Challengers IMO

mccannix

That particular lid was inadvertently assembly line installed on Bob L's shaker optioned 71 black Hemi Challenger,
..you remember that car Floyd, from your home state.
Before they  sold the car several years back, the family installed a correct Hemi lid and kept this lid being it is so rare, deciding to ebay it last year.
In the 80's I owned an NOS N94 base with of these lids and only know of two others who had the same lid.
I'm sure there's a few more out there, but as stated they are quite the unicorn.
I recently saw a prototype reproduction and a limited run may likely be done, may hear more about that on here.

mtull

Quote from: mccannix on May 08, 2024, 07:27:33 PMThat particular lid was inadvertently assembly line installed on Bob L's shaker optioned

Wasn't there a thread on one of the forums on this? I recall reading it but couldn't find it yesterday.  I saw a similar looking lid for sale on Facebook but it doesn't look like the standard six-pack lid.  In hind site I'm guessing it's a 340-6 lid?