Main Menu

71 BS cuda Project

Started by cuda hunter, December 26, 2018, 09:25:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Not Mine !! 

https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/d/canaan-1971-plymouth-cuda/6770501731.html

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
197 Orange Road
(google map)

1971 Plymouth cuda
condition: good
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
paint color: black
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
Recently removed from 35 years of barn storage, car is original 340 Auto complete, except for new tires and wheels that were added for transport.
Vehicle needs total restoration, not running, have some original parts that go with it, not repop. Parts are driver's door, rear valence, front bumper, door panels, trunk lid is installed, all OEM glass.
It was originally a yellow car. Would look excellent again, if restored.

contact name:
Fred

call:
☎ (603) 523-4524

reply by email:
m8zbx-6770501731@sale.craigslist.org
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

kdcarman

Original paint color yellow.   :crying:

70 Challenger Lover

Wasn't there a thread on this car a short while back where someone actually saw the car in person and discovered it was a rust bucket nearly beyond repair?

cuda hunter

Yellow is the worst.

I did not see another thread on it.  There just isn't that many 71 bs's available so I thought I would post it up.

It looks like a hell of a rust bucket!!!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

70 Challenger Lover

I'd take it and bring it back to life but I'm not going to fund some dudes retirement for the privilege of spending hundreds of hours of my time doing metal work. If it is the one I remember, I'd pay 3k or so but that would never happen. I see restorable Cudas now and then in the 20-25 range. When I move in a couple years, I'll get settled and start my Cuda search.

kathyscuda

cars aren't selling.prices are too high.
too many flippers.too many dealers.

Cuda70-74

Was it pulled out of a swamp
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

70 Challenger Lover

Amazing how many guys leave cars out in the bad weather and later think they are still restorable. I had an uncle that did that with Desotos and after 30 plus years of rain and snow, he was surprised when they melted into the ground. His kid tried to restore one of them for his pop and there just wasn't anything left to work with.

RUNCHARGER

It's rough but not as bad as I originally thought.  It is restorable I think but it would have to be personally inspected to see how much of an AMD car it would become. Price is laughable to me but someone might be silly enough to step up.
Sheldon

HP_Cuda

This one looks to be about an 8-9k AMD metal purchase.

Don't ask me how I know....
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Crocha617

71 Cuda projects don't sit around very long. There's a reason it's been on the market for over 2 weeks now.

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: Crocha617 on December 27, 2018, 12:14:19 PM
71 Cuda projects don't sit around very long. There's a reason it's been on the market for over 2 weeks now.

I agree completely!  :iagree:

aussiemark

It's got chucks of Bondo flaking off so it has hidden issues, if it looks this bad imagine what is hidden under the Bondo that hasn't fallen off.

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: aussiemark on December 30, 2018, 07:18:48 AM
It's got chucks of Bondo flaking off so it has hidden issues, if it looks this bad imagine what is hidden under the Bondo that hasn't fallen off.

No doubt about it. I expect stuff like that on these 50 year old cars and worse if it's a highly desirable car.