Main Menu

'70 Barracuda roller - Toronto - ~$13K - TX car with A/C

Started by YYZ, May 23, 2018, 01:11:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YYZ

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

chargerdon

car 13K, engine and tranny 8-10, interior (seats, door cards, rear trim, console 5K,  good paint job 5-10 K, labor 200 hours at $50 hr $10K...   that car will total up to 45 K...  and im not talking high end professional results...   too much..  In my opinion.    Find a nice one in the 20-30 K range instead.. 

Katfish

Quote from: chargerdon on May 23, 2018, 01:58:12 PM
car 13K, engine and tranny 8-10, interior (seats, door cards, rear trim, console 5K,  good paint job 5-10 K, labor 200 hours at $50 hr $10K...   that car will total up to 45 K...  and im not talking high end professional results...   too much..  In my opinion.    Find a nice one in the 20-30 K range instead..

You nailed it, it's all the "little" things that add up.
You'd have to dump $50k into it to get to the point where it's worth $30k

ledphoot

I sold better rollers than this a few years ago for $6000...

If this is what they're seriously going for these days I'd say that's a bit too much. That car needs a lot of work.

RUNCHARGER

For a guy with no welding skills that would have to pay for what is already done it may be an okay value. Buying the repro tin adds up pretty quick too.
Sheldon

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Here it is. 
Awesome color combo.  I absolutely love Ek2 with h6t5
  If only it had that M46 on it. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

This car will be at Spring Fling next week.

He said he would be glad to talk about it. 

YYZ

Saw the car this morning — it's a bit banged up but still a decent foundation with a lot of original paint in places, so what you see is what you get.

Vitamin C on tan is a nice combo too if one wanted to keep the original spec.

Owner is flexible on price and is a decent guy