Main Menu

71 Barracuda - $45k

Started by NWOBHM, May 19, 2018, 09:34:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ledphoot

Not a bad looking car. Seems a little on the speedy side for what it is.

Is it me or is that a more modern looking sublime? It looks like there is some pearl in it or something.

anlauto

Am I seeing single exhaust ? :no:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Fern

Looks nice. But I'm not a fan of the painted bumpers

Chryco Psycho

anlauto

$45K is very optimistic for this car being the fact that it's only a 318....

HOWEVER.....

The paint job appears, in the pictures, to be a decent job with the full underside stripped clean and painted as well. The interior, although not correct, appears new and clean, motor, suspension, etc.....

I doubt very much that you could buy a 1971 Barracuda and restore it to this level for $45K, especially if you start with a rust bucket....

That being said....$45K will likely buy you an original 340/383 71 Cuda that is an older restoration needing work....and of course a 340/383 Cuda would be a better investment then a 318 Barracuda....

Thing I can't wrap me head around is.....where does the average Joe find $45K to buy a weekend toy  :bigmoney: :crying:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

NWOBHM

Yeah 71's are tough to come by, and for this price for that level of restoration I think would be hard to replicate with a shell... But still too $$$ for me

Drive In Cars

Did the seller raise his price? I'm seeing 55k on the ad.
Movies & Cars......So Movie Cars it is !

TheGanzman

Yes - this car has been on my "casual radar" for some time now since it's reasonably local; it WAS listed at $45K.  I guess he got no takers at that price, so he figgered he'd RAISE it!  There's a logic there SOMEWHERE, but *I* can't find it!