Main Menu

71 Challenger Convertible Project

Started by Crocha617, December 26, 2017, 12:18:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Crocha617

I've been watching this one for the last few weeks. I told a friend about it recently and he went out to have a look at it in person. I felt I needed to share the results with of his inspection with you guys.

If anyone here is bidding on it or thinking about it you definately want to go and see it in person. The exterior paint is very very nice but the underside of the car is a disaster. There are steel plates and angles holding the car together underneath. If you look closely in the picture from the rear of the car you can see one plate running down the rear rail above the passenger side leaf spring. I didn't see it in person but my friend said he was shocked.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Dodge-Challenger/322949616345?hash=item4b314c12d9:g:qKEAAOSwUYNaJwrM&vxp=mtr

71GranCoupe

This is a good reminder to have a 3rd party look at a vehicle of interest. When pictures are lacking of a certain area, it is usually for a reason. If possible, ask for many pictures if not able to view in person or have a friend do an inspection. As the old saying goes, buyer beware. A project can turn into big  :bigmoney: quick with some rotten frame rails.  :alan2cents:

Roadman

Has the original T-3 headlights.   :banana:   I, oh, never mind.        We know better.   :alan2cents: