Main Menu

71 challenger Convertible project

Started by BFM_Cuda, August 03, 2018, 07:22:41 PM

Previous topic Next topic

BFM_Cuda

Wish i could get a second project right now....     :drooling:

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/cto/d/1971-dodge-challenger/6658488307.html

I have a 1971 Dodge Challenger convertible for sale. I have had this car for probably 12 years but just do not have the time to spend on it and I have to many other projects. I have a clean title in my name in hand. I do not remember if it was originally a small block or a 6cyl. car but did not care as i was going to go a different route. It does not have a engine or trans but does come with a complete rear end. I do have various rebuilable engine and transmissions available for sale separately. A very solid coup was used as a doner car when the metal fab was started. Passenger side quarter has been replaced and I have a new drivers side but I think the existing one could be patched. the doors rockers fenders deck lid hood floors trunk and frame are all very solid and some repairs have been made in the trunk and floors. The typical rust spots where the top sits in and the frame are very solid.I have the complete top frame cylinders and moter. I have tons of parts for this car and alot are doubles. I have the side glass but no windshield. there is every part you will need to restore this car. I think you could get what I am asking just out of parts and would have the body and title left. I am not looking for trades (unless it is a finished e body convertible) and do not need help selling. The challeger convertibles are very rare and even harder to find that need restoration. For what a finished car cost you could restore this project and it would be all new and exactly how you want it. Call or text is best but I will respond to emails. Please only call 5-10pm Monday- Friday. call any time on weekends or text anytime Monday- Sunday. Thanks for looking Mike 612-616-0772

cuda hunter

That's a great deal!

But really needs a fender tag a build sheet and maybe a vin tag?

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

superdave

:crying: Wish I had time/money for that. Appears to be a deal. Ditto on the fender tag You beat me to it Cuda Hunter. Something about the front end looks askew.  :thinking: But '71 vert. is my favorite and there can't be that many projects out there.

anlauto

Looks fairly solid...nice Resto-mod bones :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

That seems fair for a convt. these days.
Sheldon

kathyscuda

no tag
no sheet
no motor
no tranny.

TURD

anlauto

Quote from: kathyscuda on August 04, 2018, 03:20:14 AM

no tag
no sheet
no motor
no tranny.

TURD

It's a six cylinder car, none of that really matters if someone going to modify it. I'd rather see a car like this get a new Hellcrate motor than an original 340 car or 383 car... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Crocha617

Its not easy to find a solid e-body convertible in that price range. If there's no fender tag you can build it how ever you want without any guilt...I agree with Alan perfect late model Hemi conversion.

1 Wild R/T

There are a few missing parts... Parts that might not be easy to replace...

superdave

:brainiac: Hey maybe I can get a volume discount with Alan!! :D  :rofl:

anlauto

Why are these on a floor pan of a 1971 ? :thinking:  I'd want to know how much metal has already been replaced ?

1 Wild R/T

The 72-74 quarter is a nice touch...

RUNCHARGER

Yes: I thought that was cool, emblem and all.
Sheldon

anlauto

Looking at the pictures again....
My official take is that it was a 1973 Challenger hardtop...pale yellow in colour, with the convertible parts from an FY1 yellow convertible welded on with a tail panel from a green 1971 Challenger....

So after 10 mins of looking at a few pictures, I'm going to agree with Kathy = Turd. :thumbdown:

If the guy would have blasted and primed the shell....would have made a world of a difference.