Main Menu

'71 Convertible 318

Started by superdave, October 15, 2018, 08:18:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

superdave

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Dodge-Challenger-Convertible/192688994807?hash=item2cdd28b9f7:g:8dkAAOSwXpFbwlx4:rk:2:pf:0&vxp=mtr
Not mine but I'd love to have it. Built three days before my brother's car, very similar options except for colors. :bradsthumb:
     Dave

Chaos-N-Mayhem

Nice car. Needs a little work but will be interesting to see what it sells for.

Crocha617

If  I remember correctly he wanted mid $30's for that car. It's been through ebay a few times and hasn't sold. I think he's being really optimistic if he's thinking over $25k.

anlauto

I agree, 71 Challengers don't seem to get the love over a 70 Challenger and doesn't even come close to a 70-71 Barracuda convertible.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

340challconvert

Like the car; I have always been a Challenger convertible fan.
Challenger convertibles, especially 71's are pretty rare
Looking closely on this one, it is all original but the amount of rust that is visible is concerning
I would think that it needs a good amount of metal work, especially possible hidden rust.
I would think 25k is stretching it contingent upon the work it needs.
If you restore it, what would the car be worth; $40-45 tops?
:popcorn:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

RUNCHARGER

I am thinking $20k, $40k done. So it's a money loser like they all are. I agree Challenger convt.s are beautiful and IMO much better looking than Cuda convt.s. The 71's are really nice too, in convt. form I think I prefer the 71's.
Sheldon

superdave

Quote from: Crocha617 on October 16, 2018, 04:43:37 AM
If  I remember correctly he wanted mid $30's for that car. It's been through ebay a few times and hasn't sold. I think he's being really optimistic if he's thinking over $25k.
Now that you mention it I think I recall seeing it before. Bidding was at $9,500 when i saw it last. Not a bad buy for under 15k if you can do the work yourself and plan to keep it a while. But at 20-30 someone would lose their shorts doing it right.

340challconvert

Just bid to $21.1k with 3 hours left!
:takemymoney:

superdave

Well I won't win the mega millions before then but after i do... :rofl:  :banana:

340challconvert

Ended @ 22.1 k
Did not hit reserve!
:takemymoney: