Main Menu

71/72 Challenger Convertible on Ebay.

Started by 71vert340, March 04, 2019, 01:27:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71vert340

Don't know if this ones been on here before. Mod Squad claim. Interesting. BIN $15k
https://www.ebay.com/itm/113664288886
Terry

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

superdave

I'm with Alan, and I didn't notice a reserve. '72 parts cheaper to come by, at least the grille for sure. Any way to verify it was for the show :dunno:? That would (maybe) be a plus 8). Down side, no drive line. ::) Pretty cool.
       Dave

71vert340

All I saw was the Buy It Now price of $15k. Thought it was cheap for a convertible. Would be nice to see in the trunk, engine bay and underneath.
Terry

ledphoot

Seems like a decent project, good way to get in to an e-body vert... Lot of time / effort / dollars to make it whole. I wonder what the underside of that car looks like.

318Stroker

I'm dubious about the Mod Squad claim. All of the Mod Squad verts I've seen had 72 taillights.

6bblgt

who knows 1971 VS 1972 tail panels - what are we looking at here?  I see '71 taillights, but has the sheet metal been changed from '71 to '72  :clueless:

the '72 "MOD SQUAD" 340 Challenger convertibles were "gold"

the '72 "MEDICAL CENTER" Challenger convertibles were "red"

is this a just '71 340 Challenger convertible with a '72 front clip & a make believe story?  :dunno:

anlauto

I think your best bet would be to forget the "story" :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71vert340

The front fenders are 71 fenders going by the side markers. They must have removed the headlight bucket brackets to put in the 72 grille/ header panel. I have all the parts to put that car back together as a 71 if it doesn't need much sheet metal replaced. But, I can't tackle another project now. Good car for someone if it's not too rusty.
Terry

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on March 04, 2019, 02:46:58 PM
I think your best bet would be to forget the "story" :alan2cents:

Lets make up a new one!  :idea:    :haha:

Franken Barbie? ......

HP_Cuda

good grief, this could be a cheap vert to get into and the color would match my other.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Brads70

Looks like someone loved it enough....... gone/sold?