Main Menu

73 Cuda $20k - Numbers matching

Started by NWOBHM, June 11, 2018, 06:57:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

NWOBHM

https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/6614001408.html

Might be worth a look, what's a reasonable valuation assuming the issues/rust are minimal?

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

nsmall

:iagree:

Better pics would be nice.

Someone is doing some serious car hunting.  Have fun

RUNCHARGER

He would have done a lot better painting that car wrong to true black instead of whatever that "black" is. I think the price is fine though and it looks like a decent car.
Sheldon

Drive In Cars

I'm working on a deal.  Please what besides the gilled fenders, grillw/4 headlights, tail panel/lights is needed to clone to a 71? She is dark purple now.  They had to bend the rear wheel well to accommodate the larger tires I'm attaching more photo's w/ rust. Any input appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill
Movies & Cars......So Movie Cars it is !

Moprr

From these pics looks like it will need a bit of metal replacement. I would get more pics of the rest of the areas looking scary in my opinion. 

Drive In Cars

Quote from: Moprr on June 12, 2018, 11:34:45 AM
From these pics looks like it will need a bit of metal replacement. I would get more pics of the rest of the areas looking scary in my opinion.
The seller claims the rest of the car is solid.  I think I missed it.  I was all set to make the 4 hour trip and he texted yhat he thinks she is sold.  Will know by 3pm. I think around 18k was the cash price!

Bill

303 Mopar

Quote from: Drive In Cars on June 12, 2018, 11:54:35 AM
The seller claims the rest of the car is solid.  I think I missed it.  I was all set to make the 4 hour trip and he texted yhat he thinks she is sold.  Will know by 3pm. I think around 18k was the cash price!

Bill

I know how tough a decision can be when your adrenaline is rushing, but from an outsiders point of view that has the potential of some MAJOR RUST.  I would highly doubt that the rest of the car is "solid" because this is all that you can see at this point and it is bad. Unless you are willing to strip the car and replace body panels/frame rails/floor/trunk/etc, I would pass unless you get a smokin' deal.  I would like to see more pics, but from these few I would not pay more than $12k for this car because it will need a lot of work.

Drive In Cars

Quote from: 303 Mopar on June 12, 2018, 12:18:27 PM

Bill

I know how tough a decision can be when your adrenaline is rushing, but from an outsiders point of view that has the potential of some MAJOR RUST.  I would highly doubt that the rest of the car is "solid" because this is all that you can see at this point and it is bad. Unless you are willing to strip the car and replace body panels/frame rails/floor/trunk/etc, I would pass unless you get a smokin' deal.  I would like to see more pics, but from these few I would not pay more than $12k for this car because it will need a lot of work.
Yes I know what you're saying and they usually are much worse in person.  I was just gonna take a look at her an try to work a deal.  The seller said he had quite a few lookers coming. Last we spoke she sold for 18.5k with the rust!  This is the third one this week that sold on the first day. I think the 72-74's are in an upswing now might be the time to sell if you've got one.

nsmall

Upon further review :foul:.  This one was worth letting go.  18.5 and that rust?  I guess the recession is over.

DodgeGuy

Quote from: Drive In Cars on June 12, 2018, 01:01:41 PM
Quote from: 303 Mopar on June 12, 2018, 12:18:27 PM

Bill

Yes I know what you're saying and they usually are much worse in person.  I was just gonna take a look at her an try to work a deal.  The seller said he had quite a few lookers coming. Last we spoke she sold for 18.5k with the rust!  This is the third one this week that sold on the first day. I think the 72-74's are in an upswing now might be the time to sell if you've got one.

Wow, if that really sold for $18,500, I really did well last October when I bought my '74 Challenger for $20,000!!  Keep looking, you'll find a deal....I did!!

1974 Dodge Challenger Rallye
360 4Barrel HP
Factory 4-Speed

RUNCHARGER

If he pulled $18.5k for that he laughed all the way to the bank. You didn't miss anything. I think a lot of people are freaking out and paying too much for too little lately. It won't go on for ever and some people are going to regret it.
Sheldon

Burdar

That thing was a rust bucket.  The new owner is going to regret the purchase...IF they plan on restoring it.  They might just drive it AS IS.  They might spend a couple thousand for someone to fiberglass it back together too.  One persons "restoration" is another persons "perfumed pig".  Keep looking...you'll find a better car.